After reading reviews of many cannon beach lodgings, I choose the ocean lodge. Boy am I glad I did. Had an Oceanside room on the first floor with a patio that allowed one to walk right out to the beach. It was covered from the deck above which was nice when It rained. The chairs and tables on the patio invited you to sit and relax. There is a nice view of Haystack Rock which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. It is about a 15 minute walk into town. A bonus is that Mo's seafood restaurant is only five blocks a 2 minute walk up the beach. The hotel is in a quiet residential section away from the hectic town which meant peaceful nights. The location is prefect to me but if you want to walk often into town this may not be your best choice. You can drive but parking is tight in town. The room was very clean,shower amazing and even a small mini kitchen with sink, fridge, microwave. A fireplace in the room added nice warmth. A continental breakfast was included and had mostly cereal, pastry, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, the usual fair. A nice touch were trays to allow the option of carrying your breakfast back to your room to eat on the ocean patio. The staff was great as well, very friendly. They allow dogs which may bother some non dog owners. I never heard a peep from any dog and the ocean lulled me to sleep. You can also have your own bonfire on the beach which we saw others enjoying one night. Now that I have stayed at the ocean lodge, I can never again stay anywhere else in cannon beach. I will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Lodge is ocean front and top drawer without being pretentious while exuding beach culture at every turn. Views from the hotel are breathtaking. The guest rooms are warm and welcoming, and the lobby with it's massive river rock fireplace blazing is always inviting. The Lodge staff are consummate service professionals. Overlooking famed Haystack Rock and the scenic Oregon coast, the Ocean Lodge offers its guests fireplaces in all guest rooms, wireless internet access, a casual breakfast buffet, home-baked cookies, is in close proximity to boutique shopping, art galleries, and restaurants, in a convenient location. Pet friendly rooms are available. You will check-out feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Lodge Cannon Beach Or