The Ocean Lodge is a nice place to stay. The view from our ocean-front king room with balcony was as good as it gets on Cannon Beach. Wide sandy beach, Haystack Rock, ocean waves. Unfortunately, my husband and I didn't feel like we could hang out on the balcony much due to the inconsiderate behavior of our next door neighbors in the hotel. When we first arrived they were sitting on the railing between our balconies, sort of in our space. And from their perch they had a full view right into our room through the large sliding glass door. I felt like I was in a fish bowl. At other times, the neighbors sat on our shared balcony blasting very unfortunate hard 70's rock. Not only did we not want to sit outside, it was hard to read a book in our room with that racket outside. Even when we closed the door. Our rude hotel neighbors are not exactly the hotel's fault, but it did limit our enjoyment of our annual couple days away from the kids.
The breakfast offerings were okay. I'm not much of a breakfast eater and they didn't have anything that tempted me, but lots of other people were loading up on toast, english muffins, boiled eggs, oatmeal, etc. DO try the coffee though! The Ocean Lodge serves Sleepy Monk coffee roasted right there in Cannon Beach. After having a cup at the hotel in the morning, we decided to make a pilgrimage to the real place in town. Look up my review for more on that little slice of heaven.
The staff are very friendly. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. Best shower I've had in a while, by the way. Those shower heads must have been grandfathered in after the water conservation laws took effect. Serious water pressure, lots of water. No problem hosing the sand off here. LOL Walls are on the thin side, surprisingly. Around dinner time, overheard first floor occupants having sex as we walked down the hall. Glad our kids weren't with us so we didn't have to explain that to the youngest one.
If you want real peace and quiet (without kids), stay at the Stephanie Inn instead. With kids, I'm not sure what to tell you. There is great access to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Lodge is ocean front and top drawer without being pretentious while exuding beach culture at every turn. Views from the hotel are breathtaking. The guest rooms are warm and welcoming, and the lobby with it's massive river rock fireplace blazing is always inviting. The Lodge staff are consummate service professionals. Overlooking famed Haystack Rock and the scenic Oregon coast, the Ocean Lodge offers its guests fireplaces in all guest rooms, wireless internet access, a casual breakfast buffet, home-baked cookies, is in close proximity to boutique shopping, art galleries, and restaurants, in a convenient location. Pet friendly rooms are available. You will check-out feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your The Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Lodge Cannon Beach Or