Stephanie Inn
The Wayside Inn(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$142
Tolovana Inn(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$131
Surfsand Resort(Cannon Beach)
US$284
The Ocean Lodge(Cannon Beach)
US$372
The Waves(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$284
Ecola Creek Lodge(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$131
Inn at Cannon Beach(Cannon Beach)
US$208
US$221
Hotels.com
Schooner's Cove Inn(Cannon Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,147 results
All reviewsnight caporegon coastcarriage housewine tastingsconeshaystack rockcouples massageget awaycookie jarfirst floorromantic getawaycomplimentary breakfastocean viewjacuzzi tubparking lotgas fireplacenightcap
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This immaculately kept small hotel (inn) in Cannon Beach is, perhaps, the best place to stay on the Oregon Coast. It's location right on the beach is perfect. Most rooms have beautiful views of the ocean and Haystack Rock. Room sunsets are phenomenal. We stayed in a top corner room of the Lodge for several nights which was wonderful - spacious, tremendous views and comfortable. Had to move to their Carriage House which is an adjacent 'condo' like building next door to the lodge. It has two upstairs and two downstairs rooms - not my favorite, as they are narrowly built and squishy. The sitting room was uncomfortable. Aside from that - stay in the lodge. You're close to the wonderful breakfast room (food PHENOMENAL) and the sitting room with views and lovely classical music with a wine and cheese tasting event each afternoon. I stayed here with my 14 year old son, but this is not the place really for children. We enjoyed it because of the beach location, bike rental access, and exploring tidepools where there were many many colorful starfish to see when the tides went out. Cannon Beach itself is one of the nicest little cities on the Oregon Coast. Tends to be upscale with many restaurant options.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank smarternow1211
7Sharon, General Manager at Stephanie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

We appreciate your comments about our Inn and the Cannon Beach area. The Stephanie Inn is very fortunate to have such a wonderful beach location in a town that offers so much for those who visit here. Thank you for sharing your experience with others and we hope that if your future vacation plans include another trip to the Cannon Beach area, you'll choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We've stayed at the Stephanie a few times now and love the atmosphere of the Inn and Cannon Beach. The rooms are well appointed and have one of the most comfortable hotel beds I’ve ever slept on. On the visit in question we stayed in the carriage house which is a large corner room adjacent to the inn. Same luxurious spa bath room and an amazing view of the beach and haystack rock. The bedroom is separate as there is a sitting room and then a bedroom. After staying in the carriage house I much prefer staying in the lodge first floor because I feel closer to the beach. I’ve always had great service in previous stay and we are always made to feel like valued guests. However on my last visit during the morning of our departure I discovered a pair of men’s dirty underwear stuck between the night stand and our bed. It was shocking for an inn of the Stephanie caliber but understandable as they were not in plain sight and could have been easily missed during cleaning. I called the front as soon as I found them with the expectation that they would send someone to remove them immediately. They did say that they would send someone but when we checked out 2 hours later they were still in the room. Upon checkout I brought it up as I was not sure who I spoke to on the phone. The woman printing our final bill just said, oh was that you. My expectation would be a reaction from staff of shock, and apology, and quick resolution. None of that happen and when you are spending $600 a night I expect at the very least an apology. As much as I love this property, I’m not sure we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Fresca12

Thank you for your comments and for bringing this to our attention. We would like to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please contact us if you have additional comments as we take all feedback from our guests very seriously. We hope you will give us the oportunity to make this right so you can return and once again enjoy the Stephanie Inn as you had in the past.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Although it took a little effort to find, Stepahie Inn is right beside the ocean so the streets wind and curve along the coast. The atmosphere is well-planned and yet friendly. You cn see that many personal touches have made this Inn one of the places travellers return to. (Each room has a little journal if you care to share your story of your visit). If you get the suite accommodations with the living room, you will have plenty of space with a fridge/ microwave dinning area, and a pull out-sofa. The ocean views around the Inn are fabulous. The bathroom was lovely with ample space for a wheel chair. The breakfast is scrumptious with the chef making omlettes, etc. just to your taste. Check the tide charts and go walking when the tide is out. There are University staff who set up demonstration sites along the beach so you can learn about what is happening around the tidal pools. The air is crisp even on a warm day so families fly kites and rent bikes to explore the beach. We walked early in the mornings, sat on our balcony sipping tea, and enjoyed the sea air. Although a bit pricey for the budget traveller, you will not be disappointed in money well-spent to treat your loved one or celebrate that special occasion.,

Room Tip: All the rooms are great I'm sure. The ones with the ocean view are bit more pricey.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RaeEH

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Cannon Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches on the Oregon Coast and there are plenty of things to do in the area. Its great that you were able to experience some of those things while you were here. We hope that if your next vacation includes another visit to the Cannon Beach area, you'll choose to stay at the Stephanie Inn again.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My husband and I booked a stay for Stephanie's Inn from 12/16/2011-12/19/2011 in a Mountain View 2nd floor room. The room was ready early AND we got an upgrade from a $199/night room to a $599/night suite. They have wonderful coffee and treats out in the lobby 24 hours a day. The staff is very friendly, professional and efficient. Each evening they have complimentary snacks (cheese, bread, crackers, dip) and wine or sparkling cider which you can enjoy in the den or take up to your room. Anything I asked for was brought to our room in less than 5 minutes (i.e. fan and knife).

Spa - We had scheduled a couples massage and use of their aromatherapy room for an hour after the 50 minute together massages ($275), but unfortunately I fell sick and we had to leave a day early without getting to experience this. They were completely accommodating and understanding, allowing us to check out early without any type of payment penalty.

The room - just wow, wow and WOW. It was so beautiful and spacious I will just have to let the pictures do the talking. The bed as a temperpedic and very comfortable. Plenty of pillows and blankets. Lots of storage space. The couch in the sitting room was super comfy for reading and cuddling. :)

Bathroom - Only one toilet in the room which was not connected to the bedroom which could be inconvenient having to walk through the dinning and sitting area. Toilet and sink were in a separate room from the shower, two person jetted jacuzzi tub, vanity, and high waist sink.

The food - Large complimentary breakfast buffet each morning for all guests. Eggs, bacon, many fruit options, pastry options, and a large selection of juices as well as coffee and milk open from 7am to 10am. We didn't utilize the room service. Evening dinning portions are small which is expected from a four start resort but were very good. The only negative was that the menu only offered a choice of five entree's and one daily special. We were told that is because they buy everything fresh and the menu depends on what they are able to purchase.

Shopping - Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the shopping in Cannon Beach. Most stores didn't open until 11am and most were art galleries. The one toy store had a very limited selection but a few unique items. Other stores were boutiques which cater to average size women AND almost everything was quite expensive i.e. $45 for a pair of sterling silver "handmade" earrings. However, Seaside was only a 10 minute drive and had a much better selection and were less expensive.

I would love to stay here again. Also, this is a no children resort - only 12years and older. That made it even more peaceful and relaxing.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view - it is absolutely worth it. "Mountain View" was the parking lot and backs of homes with a treeline in the distance and would have been highly disappointing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina W
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We booked one night in an oceanfront room for the last evening of our honeymoon on the Oregon coast. I'd heard wonderful things about the amenities, service and hotel itself so we were very excited.

Unfortunately, upon arrival into our room while unloading our luggage from the cart we felt a drip on our head. Our ceiling was leaking, and not in one place, but in three! The bellman called up the maintenance man, and since we had to wait in the chilly leaking room for him to come we decided to turn on the fireplace. Oops it wasn't working. The service people were all very kind and quick, but the maintenance man's solution to the leaking roof was to start hammering a nail to our ceiling beam so that he could hang a bucket. One bucket wasn't large enough to catch the three leaks, so he started pounding in another nail to hang another lovely bucket to our ceiling. After he left, the third leak was still coming through the crack in between the two buckets, so we had to call him back...

We went down for the wine and cheese hour which was starting very soon, since the first hour in our room was spent with leaks. They were gracious with the wine and had some nice snacks. We met some great other couples.

Then we arrived in the restaurant for our 7pm dinner reservation. Dinner was absolutely delicious, beautifully prepared and presented. We loved it. When we returned to our room the staff had brought a bottle of champagne and glasses to our room, as an apology for the leaking ceiling which had now stopped, thank goodness. It was a nice gesture but didn't make up for the unpleasant experience of paying $400 a night only to arrive to a leaking ceiling, hammering nails and hanging buckets. This was our honeymoon. Champagne? Come on, we bought our own bottle at dinner. I think an adjustment to our bill was called for.

Suffice it to say we will not be staying at the Stephanie Inn again, but we will not hesitate to dine in their restaurant. If you want a truly luxurious experience on the Oregon coast I recommend staying 15 minutes away at Coast Cabins in Manzanita, and then making the drive up to the Stephanie Inn for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple