“Superb!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Anacortes, WA
“Superb!”
Reviewed 5 April 2008

Having once upon a time been a travel agent and stayed at some pretty amazing hotels, this place was right up there! Not only is it a spectacular location right on the beach, but the service we encountered on our recent stay for our 30th anniversary was impeccable! Housekeeping, front desk staff, restaurant staff were all accommodating and friendly! A prime example was upon arrival, we discovered that the set menu choices for our anniversary dinner were disappointing. We were offered a substitution and it turned out to be excellent!

We stayed in a room on the 3rd floor with an oversized balcony and it was a treat! We lucked out and had great weather both days. Yes, it is spendy, but for a special occasion well worth it. You'll have lots of great memories!

• Liked — The service and the view
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank italgal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Seattle
Reviewed 30 January 2008

We stayed at the Stephanie on the last 2 nights of our honeymoon. We reserved the Janice Kay room which is on the second floor in the center of the building directly facing the beach and Haystack rock. This room was $439.00 plus 7% hotel tax, so we had pretty high expectations. We arrived late in the evening and missed the nightly cordial/wine hour. I inquired about this at the front desk and they said they were sorry there was nothing they could do. I asked a gentlemen who worked there (bell attendant?) and he was incredibly gracious and "snuck" us two glasses of the cordial that had been served that evening. We really appreciated his hospitality. The room itself was extremely cozy. There was a handwritten card welcoming us as honeymooners. Romantic cd's on the nightstand with CD player, adorable teddy bear on the bed (all rooms feature the teddy bears and they are available for purchase, we bought ours as a memento from our honeymoon). The jacuzzi tub was not very deep or large, and it was nice. But it was in the bathroom with no access to the beautiful view. We stayed at the Overleaf Lodge in Yachats and preferred their jacuzzi tubs because they are set in bay windows so you can enjoy the view of the ocean from your jacuzzi. The decor is kind of country, not really our style, kind of grandma, and the room was small, just enough room to kind of walk from the bed to the sitting area in front of the window. But it was definitely cozy and comfortable. Our favorite part was the balcony. It was not private, you're side by side with other guestroom balconies, but it was very nice. We left the windows open at night to listen to the ocean and seagulls, very peaceful. The breakfast was very good, they have complimentary movies available. Overall we had a wonderful experience but would definitely NOT recommend paying $470 for the Janice Kay suite, definitely not worth that amount of money. When we go back we'll stay on a ground room floor where you can still enjoy all of the same amenities and view for a third of the price.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SeattleandBeyond
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 December 2007

A very romantic setting in the middle of Cannon Beach. Large cottage like rooms with fireplaces looking right onto the beach and pounding surf. We spent two days reading by our fireplace or walking along the beach. There are two setting for dinner and the food is excellent. ( A rarity in Oregon where the food is overly plentiful and universally greasy).

• Liked — Really cozy room.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Penta5Vancouver
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 October 2007

We had a wonderful time at the Stephanie Inn. We felt very much a valued customer from the minute that we made our last minute reservation . They asked what soft drinks we would like in our room. A bellman was immediately available to bring in our luggage from the car. The room was beautifully decorated with a fireplace, a couch, a Bose wave CD player complete with CD's. The view of the coast was breathtaking. The Inn offers a wine tasting before dinner complete with fruit and cheese. We had dinner in the dining room, $50 per person, all inclusive. It was wonderful and well presented. The chef came out and introduced herself, another nice touch. We had a great time and can't wait to return.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — weather, lots of rain
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 899pie
Seattle
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My husband and I have stayed at numerous high-end hotels in our travels throughout the years, and chose The Stephanie Inn for our wedding and beginning of our honeymoon. Unfortunately we were so grossly disappointed by the end of our stay, we don't even want to go back for our anniversary... or ever. Management was consistently snide, invasive and downright out of line in their behavior to us, our friends, and our family who traveled thousands of miles to celebrate with us. At one point as I was tapped on the shoulder once again to turn around and greet a nervous and overwraught employee, I was grabbed forcefully by the arm and spit at with a slew of unintelligible words. Something about talking to my husbands sister on the beach instead of outside on the grass in front of the building... I was so shocked as we had booked 6 rooms for us and our family and ate in their restaurant. I just could not understand how they could treat their guests this way. Seriously people, do yourselves a favor and stay somewhere else with the same beautiful view and get the peace and respect you deserve.

Stayed July 2007
17 Thank jasmattSeattle
The_Stephanie_Inn, General Manager at Stephanie Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2007
We are sorry about this unfortunate experience at the Stephanie Inn. We appreciate your honesty and understand your disappointment. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Sharon Major
sacramento, ca
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Last March my husband and I took a four day drive up the Oregon Coast. It was a beautiful trip, but if I had known how much I'd love staying at the cozy Stephanie Inn, I'd would have headed there immediately, checked in and relaxed for three days. This property is truly meant for finding peace.

Upon our arrival we entered the lobby and were warmly greeted by the staff. When we expressed interest in staying there, the reservationist (lack of better term) showed us several different rooms. She ended up giving us a fabulous deal on a third floor room with and ocean view. (303) It was worth every penny. If we didn't need get back to our young kids, we would have stayed another night.

My poor husband was fighting off a stomach bug so he spent the entire time sleeping. Kind of a bummer when you are in such a romantic place. But hey, the bed was twenty times more comfortable than ours at home, so if you have to feel bad this wasn't such a bad place to be. I certainly made the best of my time.

I walked downstairs and someone immediately asked if I needed anything. (this was common throughout our stay) I expressed my interest in a bottle of wine. The gentleman took me to the lobby and showed me several choices along with some personal recommendations.

With wine in hand, I went back upstairs, opened the door to the balcony, turned on the fireplace and listenend the waves roll in all night long. I didn't have any reading material with me, but the Stephanie Inn so thoughfully had several items already available in our room. I chose the Glimmer Train (short stories) sipped on my wine, nibbled on cheese from an earlier excursion, ordered room service and eventually took a bath in the jacuzzi tub. (oh the lemon tart thing that I had was scrumptious!)

My stay there was heavenly. The Stephanie Inn has thought of some many details. Like a lantern for nightime beach combing, robes, luxurious bath gels and shampoos, a cute little rubber ducky. A selection of CD's for the bose radio and a video library.
The list goes on.

I have stayed in few hotels where I would make a point to return . But the Stephanie Inn certainly is one of them. It would be a lovely place for a romantic weekend or even just some quiet alone time. Pay for the room with a view and go offseason for better rates. It really is worth it.

• Liked — Ambiance, attention to detail, service...
  • Disliked — I am wondering if they are thinking about room renovations soon.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBug075
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 8 September 2007

Not worth it! The Stephanie Inn is very overpriced and overrated. We went recently for my birthday and stayed 2 nights. Yes it has a great view of the ocean but the highly touted service was lacking. Its all about the attitude and their attitude was just that they were doing us a favor. The cocktail hour was a nice touch but so crowded that there was hardly ever a place to sit. The appetizers nothing much more than cheese and crackers. The rooms were small and not at all worth the price. To pay THAT MUCH for this hotel is not worth it! I encourage readers to look at other places in town and on the ocean. The Stephanie Inn is nice but not worth the price.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the attitude of staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
#8 of 14 in Cannon Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,050 reviews

Been to Stephanie Inn? Share your experiences!