“Lovely couple's retreat”
Review of Stephanie Inn

Stephanie Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I went to Stephanie Inn for the week over the harried holiday season. Agree totally with other reviewers about wonderful service. What was special for me was that I had decided to abstain from alcohol during my stay and was very graciously treated to wonderful alternatives even on New Year's Eve. They served a delicious and not-to-sweet sparkling cider that was delightful. In fact, my simple declining of the wine flight led them to ask discretely if I would prefer non-alcoholic beverages. Maybe I had also implied somewhere that I preferred "flexetarian" (even though I do eat 'happy meats" , ie organic and free-range) and they had a lovely wild caught salmon at the ready.

We also partook of the couples bubble bath. This was really cute and created one giant mess for them to clean up. Fresh rose petals were EVERYWHERE on the bed, in the bath. For the edibles, THe chocolate fondue was made from rich dark chocolate and there was real whipped cream.

The "star of the sea" package was pleasant and relaxing. One might consider it a bit steep for the setting. I'm not sure I experienced much benefit beyond a best nights sleep possible in a lovely location from the "facial massage".

Being a professional around kids all the time, I was grateful for the adult time.

Sort of wished they had a bit of a pool or space for exercise but the shuttle was very convenient and there was flow yoga available in town.

Will go again. Loved not being in the thick of Cannon Beach but being able to get there easily.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,046)

Reviewed 7 January 2014

How lucky were we to spend our first time on the Oregon Coast at this utterly fabulous hotel and to hit a week in September when it was 75 degrees sunny and phenomenal. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, cordial, professional and simply lived to serve. They anticipated anything and everything you might have needed. I don't think I've ever experienced this kind of superior service in an American hotel. . .ever. Our 2nd floor suite was near the restaurant and faced the parking lot. . . but it was quiet and fabulous. . .comfortable, spacious, clean and VERY luxurious. . . great bedding, beautiful fireplace and wonderful kitchen and living room. It was SO comfy and cozy, you almost didn't want to leave the room. . . although the scenery and outdoors was so wonderful, you had to. They had something delicious to eat out in the lobby at any/every time of day. . . not some prefab nonsense. . . delicious home made cookies and. . . just something wonderful all day long. And the buffet breakfast that comes with the room? Unbelievable. . . everything that was served was superior. . .right down to the oatmeal. The chef really knew his business and again, the staff in the dining room was fantastic. Yes, it was expensive but yes yes yes it was worth it. I would and will come here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: One of our friends had a room on the bottom floor with a view of Haystack Rock, so we figured we cou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank foodaspoetry
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were here for our 25th anniversary, our 43rd, and now our 45th. We chose a third floor dormer room as the high ceilings make the room feel even more spacious than others. The cookies are still warm and chewy, the complimentary breakfast still fresh and hot and delicious, and the complimentary wine tasting still a great way to visit with other guests and make new friends. They have added a complimentary "night cap" at 9 pm and a Bailey's on the Rocks was a delightful close to the day.

The Stephanie Inn has a a great many long time staff in positions that normally are transient in most hotels - such as reception and bell staff. But Jeff on the bell staff has been there for 9 years which tells me that the Inn treats its employees well. This rolls downhill as the staff treats guests like visiting royalty.

Right on the beach with Haystack Rock looming out of the mist (or the sun) as you relax on the deck The Stephanie Inn can make you think that you actually are royalty for a night or more. You ,might wish you were because the rates are high but you will get full value for every dollar and sometimes you just shouldn't settle for second best.

Room Tip: Choose a beach view and we like the upper floors for the better view from the deck.
1  Thank Leatherneck6693
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday and they really know how to make you feel special!
The accommodations were just beautiful- spacious, well decorated, comfortable and nicely laid out. The view was spectacular- love looking at Haystack Rock instead of just bare beach! And sitting on the deck watching the sunset was priceless. The fireplace and extremely comfortable Jacuzzi tub in the unit were perfect for the chilly winter evening.
They were so welcoming and so attentive to every need. Homemade cookies, scones and beverages available all day along with afternoon complementary wine and an evening cocktail hour. Everything was just delightful!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at this wonderful little place on Cannon Beach, Oregon and were treated like royalty. I can't even explain how helpful and friendly the staff were to us. The rooms we booked were the 2 bottom floor rooms in the carriage house. It was outstanding in every way. So cozy and comfortable. Just perfect! You walk out the back door onto a little deck then onto a lush green grass yard that borders the beach. The view will take your breath away. We spent the afternoon walking in and out of the stores downtown and were dropped off and picked up by the staff of the Inn even though we had our own vehicle. My family put together two different puzzles in the main lodge area and didn't miss the free wine in the afternoons and the nightcaps in the evening. I can't imagine anything being done to make this a better stay. My son and his wife want to return to Stephanie Inn for their first anniversary. Did I mention you get a free breakfast. I just can't say enough about this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fearlessphil
7Sharon, General Manager at Stephanie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments. The carriage house rooms are very special in that they give you alot of peace and quiet and privacy and we are very pleased that you enjoyed them. Also, thank you for your kind remarks about our staff. They really enjoy taking care of our guests in every way. I will share your comments with them. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to your son and his wife returning for their first anniversary. We hope you will return as well.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

A great building -- only 2-stories and right on the beach. No stairs or steps to access the beach. A small hotel and that is nice also. Rooms are very nice. There is a complimentary happy hour as well after dinner drinks 1/2 hour. A complimentary buffet breakfast is also included. You can eat in the hotel dining room with reservations -- entrees are phenomenal.

Room Tip: Stay on the main floor so you can walk right out to the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Stephanie inn and the Cannon Beach area. Sincerely, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we do hope the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The rooms and service could not be nicer. Great setting on the beach. Very quiet. It also has a great spa and restaurant. If you are looking for a place to get away from it all, this is it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7Sharon, General Manager at Stephanie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you will return again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannon Beach
Inn at Haystack Rock
Inn at Haystack Rock
#10 of 15 in Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach

Been to Stephanie Inn? Share your experiences!