“Perfection on the Beach”
Review of Stephanie Inn

Stephanie Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you are looking for a quiet vacation place with a perfect view of the ocean, then you will find it here at Stephanie Inn. The customer service is perfect, with someone always willing to help or point you in the right direction. Homemade cookies are always in the jar near the reception desk along with fresh coffee and specialty teas. The nightly wine and cheese reception is wonderful as well, but the special treat we especially enjoyed was the amazing breakfasts, different every day. We stayed there for 6 nights and each day we looked forward to see what was going to be on the menu for breakfast. The Inn definitely feels like a New England bed and breakfast and I think that is the intention. The décor is very traditional and surrounded in wood.

This is a place to come and stay to just relax and unwind. Cannon Beach is a 10 minute drive away, however we primarily enjoyed staying at the hotel to enjoy the beautiful view of Haystack rock and the ocean. The weather in November was rather cool, in the 50s, but for us this is the perfect time to enjoy less crowds and the beautiful beach.

The town of Cannon Beach was rather empty during the week but the weekend seemed to still bring in some crowds. I am sure that this area is wildly popular and crowded in the summer. There are lots of hiking trails nearby and the coast is worth exploring on our next trip. We are counting the days until our return. Thanks to the entire Stephanie Inn team! Great job, and we will see you all again in the fall.

Room Tip: All the rooms overlooking the ocean are perfect. Your choice is 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grandtraveler

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Fantastic view, lovely room, steam shower in bathroom where the bath tub has a view of Haystack Rock, great food, and a wine hour...what more could a person wish for!
The staff are gracious and the various sitting rooms quiet and relaxing. Wonderful breakfast with many choices. We will come back.

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms are amazing, we prefer north end of lodge looking at Haystack Rock and enjoy either...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at the Inn because they offered a very nice special. Our room was on the third floor and we had a wonderful view. The hotel is very well kept and clean. If we had never stayed there before I would probably have given it 4 or 5 stars. There are very subtle differences between our previous stays and this one. Our bathtub had standing water in it when we arrived. We didn't receive turndown service the second night of our stay. The cookies in the cookie jar in the lobby were crumpled and unappetizing. The wine selection at the wine social had limited choices with less than premium wines. All just little things but enough to make you wonder where is the impeccable service that was evident in the past. We were disappointed as Stephanie Inn has always been equal to The Four Seasons, The Ritz, etc.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PaddyCakeOregon
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I spent 3 wonderful days at the Stephanie Inn. We had high expectations based on what friends had told us - and our expectations were surpassed. As everyone else says, the service is impeccable. They figured out how to cater to every need without being too formal or stuffy. It was also wonderful to have so much included in the price of the room - breakfast, afternoon wine/snacks, and a night cap with liquors and port. Additionally, we participated in an afternoon class with the chef and learned how to make several salad dressings while sampling them with steak, crab, and salad.

We didn't realize how much we would enjoy meeting other guests and spent hours in the lobby and library enjoying the view, wine, and atmosphere. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a suite. From what I was told, the 3rd floor rooms have the best views and are the most private. Be sure to book a massage. The Inn converted two large rooms into spa rooms and the experience was wonderful. We needed rest and relaxation, and Inn delivered.

I only have four areas for improvement, none of which would keep me from returning to the Inn. 1)Beds - I know many people like Temperpedic mattresses, but some (as in me) do not. The Stephanie only has Temperpedic mattresses. 2)Gym - there is no gym on site. Guests have access to the gym at their sister property, the Surf Sand. It's about a 5 minute drive and has weights and 5 cardio machines. 3)Pool/jacuzzi - again, not on site but at the Surf Sand. Considering the Surf Sand is geared towards families, that means you are sharing the pool and jacuzzi with a lot of other people. 4)Coffee - This may seem minor, but my mornings start with espresso. The Stephanie Inn doesn't have an espresso machine. For the price of the rooms, one should be able to have espresso in the morning.

Room Tip: For privacy, the 2nd and 3rd floors are best
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valerie p
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I went to Stephanie Inn for the week over the harried holiday season. Agree totally with other reviewers about wonderful service. What was special for me was that I had decided to abstain from alcohol during my stay and was very graciously treated to wonderful alternatives even on New Year's Eve. They served a delicious and not-to-sweet sparkling cider that was delightful. In fact, my simple declining of the wine flight led them to ask discretely if I would prefer non-alcoholic beverages. Maybe I had also implied somewhere that I preferred "flexetarian" (even though I do eat 'happy meats" , ie organic and free-range) and they had a lovely wild caught salmon at the ready.

We also partook of the couples bubble bath. This was really cute and created one giant mess for them to clean up. Fresh rose petals were EVERYWHERE on the bed, in the bath. For the edibles, THe chocolate fondue was made from rich dark chocolate and there was real whipped cream.

The "star of the sea" package was pleasant and relaxing. One might consider it a bit steep for the setting. I'm not sure I experienced much benefit beyond a best nights sleep possible in a lovely location from the "facial massage".

Being a professional around kids all the time, I was grateful for the adult time.

Sort of wished they had a bit of a pool or space for exercise but the shuttle was very convenient and there was flow yoga available in town.

Will go again. Loved not being in the thick of Cannon Beach but being able to get there easily.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

How lucky were we to spend our first time on the Oregon Coast at this utterly fabulous hotel and to hit a week in September when it was 75 degrees sunny and phenomenal. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, cordial, professional and simply lived to serve. They anticipated anything and everything you might have needed. I don't think I've ever experienced this kind of superior service in an American hotel. . .ever. Our 2nd floor suite was near the restaurant and faced the parking lot. . . but it was quiet and fabulous. . .comfortable, spacious, clean and VERY luxurious. . . great bedding, beautiful fireplace and wonderful kitchen and living room. It was SO comfy and cozy, you almost didn't want to leave the room. . . although the scenery and outdoors was so wonderful, you had to. They had something delicious to eat out in the lobby at any/every time of day. . . not some prefab nonsense. . . delicious home made cookies and. . . just something wonderful all day long. And the buffet breakfast that comes with the room? Unbelievable. . . everything that was served was superior. . .right down to the oatmeal. The chef really knew his business and again, the staff in the dining room was fantastic. Yes, it was expensive but yes yes yes it was worth it. I would and will come here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: One of our friends had a room on the bottom floor with a view of Haystack Rock, so we figured we cou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank foodaspoetry
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were here for our 25th anniversary, our 43rd, and now our 45th. We chose a third floor dormer room as the high ceilings make the room feel even more spacious than others. The cookies are still warm and chewy, the complimentary breakfast still fresh and hot and delicious, and the complimentary wine tasting still a great way to visit with other guests and make new friends. They have added a complimentary "night cap" at 9 pm and a Bailey's on the Rocks was a delightful close to the day.

The Stephanie Inn has a a great many long time staff in positions that normally are transient in most hotels - such as reception and bell staff. But Jeff on the bell staff has been there for 9 years which tells me that the Inn treats its employees well. This rolls downhill as the staff treats guests like visiting royalty.

Right on the beach with Haystack Rock looming out of the mist (or the sun) as you relax on the deck The Stephanie Inn can make you think that you actually are royalty for a night or more. You ,might wish you were because the rates are high but you will get full value for every dollar and sometimes you just shouldn't settle for second best.

Room Tip: Choose a beach view and we like the upper floors for the better view from the deck.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
#12 of 15 in Cannon Beach
Surfsand Resort
Surfsand Resort
#5 of 15 in Cannon Beach

Been to Stephanie Inn? Share your experiences!