Stephanie Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Ocean Lodge(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
Inn at Cannon Beach(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
The Wayside Inn(Cannon Beach)
Tolovana Inn(Cannon Beach)
Surfsand Resort(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Breeze Court(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
Inn at Haystack Rock(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
Schooner's Cove Inn(Cannon Beach)
2,105 results
All reviewsnight caporegon coastcarriage housewine tastingsconeshaystack rockcouples massageget awaycookie jarfirst floorromantic getawaycomplimentary breakfastocean viewjacuzzi tubparking lotgas fireplacenightcap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2010

While it is true that the Stephanie Inn is quite nice and in a scenic location I would advise you check the terms and conditions when you consider checking in here at this hotel. They consider themselves to be a very exclusive destination resort , which they are not .

For example they have a 7 day advance cancellation policy. If you are on the road this may be difficult to hit exactly and there could be schedule changes which they will not let you out of. Upscale destination hotels in Mexico and Hawaii have similar terms but the Stephanie Inn is just a hotel !!

My wife and I have stayed there on numerous occasion and on a recent road trip we booked into here. We tried once to change the schedule from the road but they were completely inflexible and demanding. When we arrived at the Inn I was trying to ask questions about availability but all the front desk person was interested was in getting my credit card before she would even talk to me. She was extremely "grabby" about the card. We had booked for 3 nights but as the stay progressed it became clear that our schedule would allow us to stay only 2 nights. I asked at the front desk if it was possible to check out after only 2 days and received the answer " Oh NO problem just let us know"
Upon checking out I found out that what that meant was " Oh no problem, we will charge you for the 3rd day and go ahead and rebook the room to someone else ." I was incredibly unhappy as this point but my wife was waiting in the car and we had 700 miles to go for the day"

In short. If you have a well planned vacation and a fixed schedule, the Stephanie inn is your destination in Cannon Beach. If you are on a road trip from somewhere to somewhere, find another hotel who are less full of themselves .

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
25  Thank sturm22
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Looked forward to staying here after seeing the inn from the beach a decade ago and decided to splurge to make it happen. Dinner at the restaurant was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Breakfast as part of the inn amenities not up to the same standards as the buffet offerings (eggs and meat for 3 days) were consistently cold and uninspired. The staff at the inn are worthy of recognition and commendation -- they work hard to keep you happy, but the rooms just aren't that special (especially for the high price). New style tubs are terrible -- they bubble like crazy, make a ton of noise and do nothing to help you relax. Recommendation...stay in one of the many other attractive, more reasonably priced inns and treat yourself to dinner here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2010

My husband and I just got back today from our usual twice-a-year, five day stay in our most favorite getaway. Our suite on the second floor of the Carriage House is indescribable. I have pictures of our building and inside of our suite that I carry around in my purse just so I can show all my friends and virtually everyone I meet. I have been known to show them to total strangers too!!! We have been going there every six months for many years now and the experience is out of this world. It is so quiet and the service is incredible. We have stayed at five other places in the Cannon Beach/Tolovana Beach area (some were highly recommended) BUT, none of them compare to the amenities and friendly atmosphere we experience at the Stephanie. They accomodated our special dietary requests above and beyond the norm and the staff are so friendly. There is just not enough room here to extol all the Stephanie's virtues, but we plan on going there until they get tired of us. Best place EVER! J & D from Lacey, WA

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ADVENTIST
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We are just finishing our last day of our 5-day stay at the Stephanie Inn. I was our first, but it certainly won't be our last.

The view from our corner room in the carriage house was spectacular with windows facing west and north (towards dramatic Haystack Rock.)

We've enjoyed morning and evening strolls on the beach at both high and low tides. We knew that weather for a visit in March might be a bit unpredictable, and it was. But that only added to our great experience, as we enjoyed sunny skies one day and powerful winds and rain the next. Through it all, the ocean provided an ever-changing and interesting vista.

The management and staff of the Stephanie are committed to providing a memorable experience. New arrivals are welcomed with freshly made cookies and coffee (available 24 hours in the lobby) and a personal tour around the facility. Early evening wine tastings, bountiful and delicious breakfasts, warm cookies and chocolates every evening, recent movies on DVD, and soda/water of your choice in the fridge are provided at no additional charge.

Our one-bedroom suite (the quietest hotel room we've ever been in) was very spacious with two closets, two dressers, a separate toilet room, jetted tub and separate shower, makeup vanity separate from sink, a mini kitchen with fridge, microwave & sink, and a comfortable sized ocean-front deck with chairs and table for drinking wine and watching the seagulls swoop over the tide pools.

The cost is a bit on the high side, but when you consider the quality of the free breakfasts, the free wireless internet, free parking, free movies , and the overall quality of the Stephanie Inn experience, it was worth every penny.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SeattleDad
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This was our 4th stay in the last 5 years at the Sephanie. It was all that we remembered and more. The rooms are large and comfortable except the couch which is a foldout gets uncomfortable after awhile. Service is great and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Dinner in the dining room was great always and their wine list isn't too over priced compared to someplaces. The breakfast provides plenty of varity and service again couldn't be better.
My only complaint would be with the afternoon wine tasting. At the prices they are charing for a night's stay they certainly could offer better quality wines than they do. While not a wine snob these are wines that most people staying here would not consider purchasing as their quaility is doubtful.
Also, their room charges are approaching the level where one might not consider a night here as a good value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple