“Won't be cominng back” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 18 Cannon Beach B&B and Inns
Buckley, Washington
“Won't be cominng back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We used room 17 and 23 for a girls weekend. I've never been to Cannon Beach before and am excited to bring my kids, however I would NEVER stay here with them. The windows didn't open in room 17 so we had the slider open. As you can imagine, 6 girls and a lot of giggling. At 11pm I received a phone call on my cell phone (not the hotel phone) from Claudia the owner who basically told us to go to bed that we had SERIOUS noise complaints and to hurry up and do something about it. I find her offensive and don't appreciate that she treated us (45-50 year old teachers) like disrespectful people, when in fact she's lucky to have us stay on her property. Also, when we checked in the hospitality was so so.......didn't feel all welcoming at all. The pull out bed is A POOR EXCUSE for a bed. 2 of us girls are still having issues with our hips....we basically slept on coils for two nights. I can't imagine if my kids had to sleep on that. The pull out in room 23 was stuck so we had to sleep on coils with 2 of us. It was so extremely unpleasant. They told us each room had a kitchenette when in fact only room 17 had one. I will say that the housekeeper was so incredibly nice and helpful.......That was the best part of our stay. Overall, we were highly disappointed in the way we were treated here.

Room Tip: Windows do NOT open in room 17.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jettimm
CBHotelGuestSvcs, Owner at The Courtyard, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We are open to constructive feedback and are constantly looking for ways to improve our guest experience – our guests mean everything to us. Unfortunately, this is an occasion where we are unable to acknowledge the honesty or fairness of the review. Customer service is our priority, and it pains us to read a review like yours. It is even more painful when it is so obviously inaccurate. Our beloved Courtyard offers adorable, romantic and charming rooms as advertised, and our staff is always willing to do everything possible to make a stay memorable and pleasant.
Rather than be discourteous in our response and review the broken policies and unpleasant behavior exercised by your party while here we will leave our comments simply by saying that two of our valued guests called me in the middle of the night unable to sleep due to the noise and/or party in your room and very upset. The cell number associated with the reservation was called because the room phone was not answered. And, since the person I spoke with refused to accept that I was the owner registering a complaint about noise after repeated three times, I was forced to speak firmly in the end. We will simply end this wholly regrettable affair with a little grace, and ask that all future readers of this note please keep an open mind, especially after reviewing our other earnest reviews.
I wish you the best of luck in searching for alternative accommodations when you return to Cannon Beach.
Owner/General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Yachats, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed in room 23, and let me first say the housekeeping staff does a great job, our room was spotless upon arrival. The room was very comfortable, queen bed, sofa, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, microwave, keurig coffee maker and refrigerator. We played at the local parks all day and came back in the evening for a relaxing soak and watched a movie (dvd player in room) by a lovely fire. There are a few different restaurant choices right around the hotel and you could not ask for better beach access. The front desk staff were all helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We can't wait to return to explore more of the area and enjoy Cannon Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shannone32
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the room 23 at The Courtyard for your recent stay in Cannon Beach and providing your feedback. Your notes were shared with our team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The room was impecably clean. The bed was ginormous...a four poster with extremely tall mattresses. The bathroom was very large.
However, there was no storage...no drawers in the room, and no hooks in the bathroom to hang
things up. The chairs need to be changed...they were creaky canvas director chairs.
That being said, the room was great with an ocean view and very comfortable
I would look forward to coming here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 20, it is on the street side. We travelled mid-week and there was little if any tr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cindy f
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at The Courtyard. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed the different facets of the experience we provide. I appreciate your wonderfully detailed and lively review, we are especially thankful for your time and willingness to share with the travel community.
Pacific Northwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband, 5-year-old, and I stayed in Room 17, which is an upstairs corner room looking out over Harrison St. The furnishings were lovely, classic, and seemed new, and the room was spotless and impeccably maintained. I loved that there was a kitchenette with a fridge for snacks and cold drinks. My child slept well on the sofa bed, and the queen bed was great for us. We used the fireplace in the evenings for warmth and ambience. The bathroom had everything we needed, including a jetted tub, stall shower, and high-quality towels and robes, but it was a little short on counter space for toiletries.

I was surprised that it was so quiet at night - no street noise, didn't hear any other patrons. They even turn off the fountain in the courtyard so it's extra quiet. The only thing we did hear was when our downstairs neighbors turned on the shower, but that's true with any hotel.

The location was great - very close to the beach with an access point just steps away. Check out the Sleepy Monk for coffee/pastries and The Irish Table for dinner (both are in the same location about two blocks away from The Courtyard). We also had a great lunch at the Cannon Beach Cafe next to where you check in for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kmh2008
Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read your review following your recent stay at The Courtyard, with your husband and five-year-old. I was glad that we met your expectations and found the service and hotel facilities to your liking. Please do come and visit us again soon.
Winlock, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 days and found it very enjoyable. We booked the room sight unseen other than the promo pictures on the internet. For the price we expected the usual mediocre room sorely needing some maintenance but we were pleasantly impressed upon walking into the unit. The place was spotless, well maintained, smelled fresh, nicely appointed and lots of light. Very comfortable. Booking was easy with Eileen. I note that another person leaving a review mentioned she was robotic and difficult to understand, but that was certainly not the case with us. She was very informative and helpful. I would agree that the ability to play music would be nice. We definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Merle K
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your kind words following your recent stay with us at -The Courtyard in Cannon Beach. I was delighted that we met your high expectations and we hope to welcome you and your wife back in the very near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I just stayed here for our 16th anniversary. Room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. With the weather getting warmer we called and requested a fan which was brought right up. Requested a later check-out, no problem. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Coovert
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on The Courtyard. I am so pleased you enjoyed the facilities of your room. And, I was delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay for your 16th anniversary. Congratulations again!
Once again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Seattle,wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here as a nice relaxing getaway, the room was nice and spacious it had a fireplace which was nice to turn on to take the chill off from walking on the beach which is just around the corner. It had a large jetted tub which my wife loved. We liked it so much that we are planning on going back later this year.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Brandon W
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Courtyard. I was delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the service, facilities, fireplace, and location of The Courtyard to your liking. I do hope that you will come back and visit us in the near future.