“It tries, I know it does, but ultimately a fail...”
Review of El Mariachi Loco - CLOSED

El Mariachi Loco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 December 2012

After a few nights in a small, isolated beach town, one can get a hankering for something other than seafood. Cannon Beach has a number of good choices including Fultano's for pizza and Bill's Tavern for sandwiches. But it has lacked a Mexican restaurant until recently.

El Mariachi is a pleasant enough place but the very common type of tourist Mexican with runny refried beans and mushy corn tortillas. Everything runs together on a extremely hot plate.

It's not awful. It's just mediocre. The next time I'm after Mexican when I'm in Cannon Beach, I'll drive up to The Stand in Seaside.

Also, the night we were there, only one guy was waiting tables so the waits were long and several people waiting for a table gave up and left.

3  Thank umbrellaman

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Planned to go to Castaway Tini Tiki Hut based on Tripadvisor reviews. I missed that they are closed on Tuesdays (at least in December) Since we were on foot, and it was beginning to rain, we ducked into El Mariachi Loco as Plan B since is it close to the first restaurant. Sometimes 2nd choice turns out great. Shared to Family Fajitas for two with hubby. Food was piping hot, well seasoned, and plenty of it. Would go back again. Good value for the money.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The largest selection of Mexican food on the North Coast. Very consistant quality and freshness. Great magaritas. too!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We happened upon the El Mariachi and changed our plans. A little spicy change of pace was a real treat. The restaurant is spotless and the food very good, all the usual offerings for a casual lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Off the beaten path but good food and service. I had the 3 Tacos my wife had a Nachos platter. Food was excellent the Strawberry Margaritas very good. Nice waiter good prices. We will visit again.