“Tasty non-pretentious coffee!”

Insomnia Coffee Co.
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Tasty non-pretentious coffee!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The whole idea of coffee shops is daunting to me. Those orders get so complicated and I just want a freaking coffee. None of the funny stuff! Fortunately this adorable little shop was across the street from our hotel so I didn't have to go far for my morning fix. It has a cute atmosphere and the staff was really friendly. I ordered my signature drip and some sort of complicated multi-worded concoction for boyfriend. The nice chick behind the counter helped me through sufficiently better than the hipster baristas at star-something's. My total was $7 and I paid with all ones which made her giddy. I so happened to have a whole was of ones (don't ask) so I became their hero. It was a funny little exchange that brought me back the following morning. Nothing pretentious, just coffee and a few other rather tasty concoctions you can order in mere seconds. Looked like a comfy place to hang out if you're into that, too.

• Visited March 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Yummy Mocha and Super Baked Goods.”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We dropped in here after checking out haystack Rock. A popular place with a line of smiling faces. A very good, bitter Mocha, not just sugar. In house baked goods that were just melt in your mouth amazing. I suggest the cheese bagels too!

Visited April 2014
“Good coffee!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Coming from a coffee snob place like Portland, I'm always a little wary of mom-n-pop coffee shops. But Insomnia is a small, independent shop that is really good. I had a mug of the Ethiopian drip coffee and my bf had an Americano, and we were both pleasantly surprised by the quality. Fill up your thermos and go for a walk on the nearby beach. Don't forget to tip the friendly staff!

Visited May 2014
Stateline
“local coffee house”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Amazingly good baked goods. I had a pear brie biscuit fresh out of the oven and it was so good. I wish I could've taken some home. Great coffee drinks too!

• Visited May 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Cute! Great Spot!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

What a great spot! Lots of atmosphere, great location and yummy coffee. Could hang out here all day. Highly recommend a visit.

• Visited May 2014