“The Bistro is back! Same great food!”
Review of Bistro

Bistro
Ranked #24 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This has been one of our favorite restaurants on the Northern Oregon Coast. We like to celebrate our anniversaries here when we vacation here on our anniversary. It was so sad to come a couple of years ago and see that it had been destroyed by a fire. Imagine our surprise when we found it had reopened with a new interior and exterior. The small intimate character was kept the same. The food still had the same great taste. Same great service as well. We had same waiter that we had before the fire. We like to go @ 4:30 when the bar opens for cocktails and then move to dining room when it opens at 5:00. Bar tender always friendly. This time I had the special of the day - Halibut with hazelnuts and a special sauce. It was so tasty! My wife ordered their linguini with pine nuts and capers. Be sure you order their spinach salad. It has great dressing and small pieces of "hot" bacon. We will keep coming back and so glad they rebuilt after the fire.

1  Thank love2dine50

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Upon our arrival in Cannon Beach we were happy to learn the Bistro had rebuilt and reopened. Now for the test...would it be as good? I think this was one of the best meals we have ever had there (and we have been going since it opened). We started with the beet appetizer which was so beautifully thought out...the textures and flavors were amazing. We then split a Bistro salad ($1.50 charge for splitting) which was perfect. For our mains my husband had the linguine which was light and delicious (and a good size serving). I had the halibut special which was very tasty! Without exaggeration I can tell that every bite truly was delicious! Welcome back to the Bistro!

1  Thank SunnyandBuster
Reviewed 15 March 2014

March 12 was our first time back since the fire, and both my wife and I had very good dinners. As this was mid-week in March, it was not possible to judge other reviewers’ comments on slow service as the place was not very busy. However, our server Jen was extremely pleasant, knew the menu, and knew something about some of the wines. The timing of her bringing courses was perfect for us. Also some comments made about small portions must be made by 240+lb people, or by people who expect to take half their dinner home.
We had salads as starters – my wife’s golden beets were delicious and my spinach and radicchio was very fresh, just the right temperature, and the crisp bacon lifted it out of the ordinary. Our main courses were just as delightful – my pappardelle with beef ragú has to be the lovely bargain on the menu (and it was pappardelle, not noodles passed off as pappardelle as we have experienced at a certain Portland restaurant), and my wife said her fish with a green curry sauce was lovely. My wife does not like overly spicy food, and Jen description of the sauce was perfect. We shared a chocolate torte that was very good.
The small wine list had some interesting wines at prices reasonable for the Oregon coast. The by-the-glass selection was very good – at not many places on the coast would you find a rosé made from the Sicilian grape Nerello Mascalese or a white Picpoul de Pinet from the Languedoc?
The best thing I can say, we’ll be back

1  Thank PDXMichael B
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The last time we ate at the Bistro was New Years Eve - Millenium 2000, yes, that long ago! We remembered good food & a lovely, cozy atmosphere. Fast forward to 2014 - still good food & still cozy!
The papardelle - excellent! I love that the chef did not throw in the 'kitchen sink' - his/her light hand made for a savory, straightforward and delicious dish, wish I had a plate of it right now! Yes, the portions are smaller but we Americans eat too much anyway, I can't fault the Bistro for that. From the phone reservation, nice gentleman! :) to the wonderful server (such a nice, enthusiastic gal) it made for a lovely evening. When we visit Cannon Beach again we will definitely eat here again. Just a tiny note - it'd be nice if the hostess (blond w/glasses) adopted some of her co-worker's warmth & enthusiasm.... (hate to add the note but i'm a business owner and I'd want to have that feedback to pass on to my employee...)

1  Thank D R
Reviewed 16 January 2014

After a fire some time back burned the popular restaurant to the ground, I'm glad to say a Phoenix has risen. Always good food here has been replaced by VERY good food and an attractive new dining room & bar. A must visit for tourists and locals alike.