“service and clean place”
Review of Tolovana Inn

Tolovana Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Priscillia and the rest of the team were great. We will be back for more great service and great view. Right Next to Mo's Restaurant is a bonus,they have great food and service also. The place had everything in the kitchen for a nice meal,nice big fridge

Room Tip: 316 is a great view of haystack rock
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,327)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We recently spent a lovely, relaxing week at the Tolovana Inn. Our oceanfront suite offered stunning sunsets, was spacious and offered home-like comfort. The front desk staff greeted us warmly upon arrival and were helpful and courteous throughout our stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a beautiful, well appointed studio right on the beach. Amazing ocean surf! Even better, the manager, Betty, worked with us to get the three nights for two pricing. Really can highly recommend this Inn.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked this property on a discount site and got a very good price. I arrived in a howling gale, soaking wet and very bummed that my planned walking vacation was ruined. The staff while not effusive were accommodating and found me a room for early check-in. It was small with no view, but there was lots of hot water and towels which was all I wanted at that moment! My husband went and got me some delicious oyster stew from Mo's restaurant next door.

My dog was welcomed without fuss though it would have been helpful if some dog towels and sheets were provided: fortunately I had a fairly dry towel with me and I confess I let her on the uncovered bedspread which I don't usually do in hotels.

The only real negatives about the room were noisy pipes, only one bathroom light which also activated the fan which was also very noisy, and an older (not flat screen) TV which didn't fit the format for the DVD we rented from the lobby ($4.50, a bit steep for old movies!) so the picture was tiny.

The lobby was pleasant with a fireplace and big leather chairs, a nice place to sit in the morning with some coffee.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This facility is located on one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been on. I stayed in a queen size room very close to the beach. The room itself was ok, nothing fancy. There was no microwave or fridge. There was a coffee maker and lovely toiletries. There were lots of towels which was a very nice touch, although I only needed two for myself, there was no shortage. The bed was nice and comfortable. The bed was clean as was the room. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Spring for the fireplace room if you can afford it. It is a bit cool on the waterfront, but the roo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We loved the fact that the hotel is right on the beach although this didn't make up for the fact that my children were devoured by bedbugs in our room. I do not think this was a case of a few bedbugs as we counted the number of bites on one of the children and stopped when we reached one hundred. I sure hope we didn't bring them home with us!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Chris S
TolovanaGM, General Manager at Tolovana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for bringing your concern to my attention. I had not been made aware of this situation previously and would appreciate you contacting me directly immediately at 503-436-2211 or Matt@TolovanaInn.com so that I may investigate this immediately and thoroughly. I will need to know the unit number and date of your stay so we may act upon this report as quickly and aggressively as we do with any guest concern expressed. We have been well know for our clean, comfortable, safe accomodations throughout over forty years of operation, so we are most diligent about maintaining the standards that have earnes us our excellent reputation.
However, since you did mention in your review that you loved our proximity to the beach and that your child had several insect bites I wanted to also point out that sand fleas are present on the beach and that they also can inflict bug bites, so that may also be a possible source of this occurance Once again, we would like to express our emmpathy and concern for your child's experience and hope you will contact me directly so we can try to do what we can to ensure that no one else's child has to endure anything similar. Thank you.

Matthew P. Foley

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The Inn is at the south end of town but has a restaurant next door as well as a park. It is away from the busy part of Cannon Beach. Warren House Pub is across the street. The Inn's check in and check out went smoothly. Room was ready and clean. Service was good. Stay was awesome with ocean front room with great views of the ocean and Haystack Rock. Always great to be able to listen to the wave action.

Room Tip: Definitely want an ocean front room so can take advantage of the scenery, especially the sunsets if...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple