“Great Breakfast, Initial Service Not So Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pig 'n Pancake
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Breakfast, Initial Service Not So Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was our second visit to this particular Pig N' Pancake. The parking lot out front is very small, but there is more in the back. Upon entering we were not greeted right away. It took far too long for someone to finally come up to the front to seat us. But, that was the only poor part of the service. Our waitress was great and attentive. My husband and I both had coffee, our cups were never empty. I had the strawberry crepes with eggs and bacon. All was delicious and arrived in a timely manner. They have great bacon! My husband had the french toast with eggs and bacon, which he enjoyed. If you can get past the poor service upon arrival, the food was great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, BC
“We didn't return for a second meal here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We entered and no one initially greeted us, but several staff members passed by us. Finally, someone seated us. Coffee was provided quickly but since only one of us were coffee drinkers, that wasn't great for 2 of us as we had to wait a fair amount of time before our beverages were ordered. I asked for an empty glass so I could do a half water, half orange juice combo for our 2 year old daughter. We had to ask three times for that. I ordered tea with milk but just received the black tea, so by the time I got milk, my tea was lukewarm. While the coffee drinker received 2-3 opportunities for refills, I was not afforded the same consideration and had to ask for hot water. Our food was mediocre. It would have been better to have made our own breakfast. We did find a better breakfast place, and for the remainder of our stay in Canon Beach, we ate at the best little cafe/bistro (attached to the Cannon Beach hotel). The food was fresh, and tasted awesome. We wished we could transport that little place to our city. If you are okay with mediocre food and not the best service (you can see that they think serving is a chore), then eat ere, otherwise there are better options including having cereal!:)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“Pretty good food, pretty poor service. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I made an order to go. I pointed on the menu to the sandwich I wanted, it was suppose to come with fries. I waited forever to get my food. I got to the car drove to a park to eat and realized they gave me the wrong sandwich and no fries...all for over $10. The sandwich was pretty good, but not $10 worth of good-ness!

Vancouver, Canada
“Well below our expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We thought this would be a fun place to have lunch with our young daughters during our vacation in Cannon Beach. While waiting for our food, I clearly heard a microwave and shortly thereafter, our soups arrived. I think a restaurant should cook from scratch so when I hear a microwave going, I know the meal isn't going to be good. I ordered a club sandwich which was cold when it arrived to the table. The bread was cold and so was the bacon; My daughter ordered grilled salmon with steamed veggies which were terribly overcooked. Fortunately, her plate came with fresh fruit (odd combination!) so she was able to eat that. There were only about 4 tables (including us) so the restaurant was not busy at all. Despite this fact, the service was very poor. After bringing our food, the waitress left us the bill and we did not see her again. She did not check on us to see if our food was to our satisfaction or to refill our beverages. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for its food or service.

Bronx, New York
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food was very good, but I have to say I would have like to have had real maple syrup to put over my pancakes. The syrup they served was still tasty though.

Visited October 2013