“Very nice dinner...reasonable price”

Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at the Driftwood Inn Restaurant and Lounge. The Fettucini Alfredo with crab could have used a few more spices but the onions added wonderful flavor. Razor clams were excellent - they are easy to over cook and these were not. The presentation could have been more artful. The prawns in a broth of onions, garlic, and wine were superb. Would definitely eat here again. Service was prompt and friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Have been going to Driftwood for years. We like to eat in the bar as there is usually no wait for a table. The tempura prawns are really good. In season the razorback clams are very tasty as well.

We are disappointed that they stopped offering halibut fish and chips as Driftwood had the best...I think due to their really great batter.

The happy hour offerings are a very good deal and are offered in the bar. For a very reasonable price they offer a clam chowder in a sourdough bowl that is yummy and very filling. Will not need anything more to fill you up.

They make great martini's and have a nice selection of on tap beers.

When the weather is nice the outside eating area is a great place to people watch.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The weather was unusually good on our 2 night stay in Cannon Beach in early June (before accomodation prices went up). Two of the restaurants we used to go to are no longer in business and a third's quality had diminished. It was a mid-week night and we tried here. The line was out the door to the parking lot and the outdoor eating also in use. The wait would have been long but they said they had a small table in the bar area (we're not drinkers). We took it and know where we'll eat in the future. The meal was excellent even though the bar atmosphere wasn't great. The staff was very good even though quite busy.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited this restaurant last week at the height of the tourist season. Although crowded we got a table in the lounge. The service was great and we ordered the clam chowder, salad, and dungeness crabs. Along with the local draft beer this place was a real treat. Located in the heart of the downtown area and walkable to all the shops. No complaints and we will eat there again when in the area.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

we went here on a Saturday night for my boyfriend's birthday. I guess I should have made a reservation because everyone else in town was eating here too. we ended up waiting for a table in the bar area, which was fine except it was chilly in there so it was hard to get really comfortable. I had read reviews before coming here and was glad I did because the clam chowder is worth all of the reviews. it was the best thing I had that night. I was also glad they offered small plates for dinner so I didn't feel like I was wasting food. I ordered the fried oysters and had the rice pilaf as a side. it was OK. my boyfriend had the crab casserole and he really liked it because it had a cream sauce that was tasty. the red blend wine was also very good. in sum, it is a nice place, not great, but a place we could eat at again.

Escape L, Manager at Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Driftwood. We hope that your boyfriend had a great birthday! Sorry for the uncomfortable wait in the bar area. With the doors open to the patio it can get a little cold for some and we would be happy to let you borrow a Driftwood blanket during your wait. I do want to point out that we do not take reservations so that you don’t feel bad about not calling ahead. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the clam chowder and hope that you will visit us again!