“Wonderful Inn to relax for a night after a long drive...”

Inn at Haystack Rock
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the cheerful greeting, to the gravel parking stalls, to the comfortable and cozy room, this was a great place to stay. The rooms are different than hotels, not so 'sterile' in appearance but a certain charm, warmth, and inviting appeal. WE were delighted with every aspect of our stay. It was quiet, clean, comfortable, cozy, relaxing...and a ton of other positive comments!
For the price and accommodations offered, we would give it a very solid recommendation. We enjoyed the B&B type atmosphere, but having our own 'cabin' was perfect.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to see the layout of the "cabins" as we called them, to be sure you get one you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our first overnight stop after Portland on a road trip down the US west coast and we found it ideal. The staff that we met were friendly and helpful. The room was plenty big enough for us, and the kitchenette facilities were most useful. Having been unable to find a room in Astoria at a reasonable price, we were very glad to have driven on to Cannon Beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was a beautiful hotel on a beautiful property in what I believe was one of the most beautiful and quaint places I've ever been, I absolutely fell in love with Cannon beach it was what I picture all beach towns looking like, we loved it.
The way of life, the people, the ocean , haystack rock everything was perfect.
So you may be wondering at this point why I'm giving it 4 stars, I went back and forth on whether it should be 4 or 5 stars, and DH said it should be 4.
The reason it is getting a 4 and the only reason was due to the fact there was no AC in the room.
Now we visited in April and this is generally not a hot time of year for this area but it was unusually warm and sunny and was 75 degrees the day we were there.
The room has a sky light that allows the sun to beam directly down onto the bed and there is another skylight in the bathroom , this is pretty but with the sun coming in all day and there being no way to block it out it had to have been about 90 degrees in the room. It was really hot, once we came back for the night even after dark it was still super hot and we had to have the window open all night.
My husband gets very miserable when it is so warm, he was sweating all night, I wasn't as bothered by it.There was a ceiling fan going in the room, but it wasn't enough to cool it down and make a difference.
Now onto why we loved it.
We had a cute little cottage type room overlooking the very pretty courtyard with a fountain, you have a table and chairs in front of the room to sit outside.
The bed is gorgeous and so comfortable with handmade crafts from the lovely town, the head board was hand carved and painted of haystack rock and I thought it added a nice touch to the room.
There was also a table and chairs handmade in the area.
There was a cute fireplace which we definitely did not need, but however looked very nice and a decent sized flat screen TV.
There was a jacuzzi tub, we did not use it but it was nice to have in the room.
The sink for the bathroom was not in the bathroom and was in the kitchen area, not a problem for me, but a little strange there just wasn't enough room in the bathroom to have one.
There was also a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
One other small complaint I have is that our bed backed onto the Ice machine room, got a little noisy at times, so I would ask for room not next to ice machine, ours was cottage #2.
Check in was quick and easy the lady gave us a parking pass for the car and there was enough parking for everyone at the hotel.
Check out we just dropped the key in a box since office didn't open until 9 am.
The hotel is located one block from the beach and it's a lovely area to walk around, you can walk to everything once you get to the hotel.
The beach itself is just wonderful, beautiful I really fell in love with the whole area.
This cost just under $100 including taxes for the night and it was definitely worth it, I really would have loved to stay longer and I would stay at the Inn again as long as I knew it was going to be cooler weather.
All hotels in the area may not have AC I am not sure, but it was the only reason it lost a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not next to the ice machine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jade M
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We traveled to Cannon Beach for my wedding.. The hotel is lovely and the staff is amazing. There was only ONE issue I had, and I never brought it up because I was just so excited for my wedding.

My husband and I were placed at the room right next to the office. The only distance between the two was a wall that was attached to our bathroom.. We had some uhh tummy troubles with a few food places, and I was afraid the office could hear. That out of the week was the ONLY complaint.. Other than fear of others hearing us use the bathroom, the hotel was amazing! The fireplace added a special touch!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I booked one of their Spa Cottages for a romantic getaway for my Fiancé's birthday. After looking around for days to find a decently priced room I landed at Inn at Haystack Rock. The room was far bigger than I had expected and it came with a kitchenette and the best part... The jacuzzi tub! The bed was really comfortable too with the tv on a lazy Susan you could watch from bed or the living area. The hotel is only a short block away from the beach, and dining locations. Our stay at the Inn was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely choose the Inn at Haystack rock again for the next beach getaway :)

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank EricaRose21
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Snug and spacious beach-side getaway! Our room was groovy-- good size kitchen, living space, and bed to relax in. Not to close to other cottages and not too far from the beach. The fireplace and jacuzzi tub were great treats! Excellent location. We enjoyed our stay and hope to stay again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Even when i arrived early (around noon), it was possible to check in to my room. The people at the front desk were great at giving names of good places to eat, sightseeing points and everything.
The room was clean, cosy with my own (gas)fireplace and small kitchen (microwave, kettle and fridge) and a nice bathroom with good shower and the possibility to soak in the tub

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo