“Good Option when on a budget”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Sea Ranch RV Park & Stables
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband and I decided to go to Cannon Beach on a whim and all the hotels were booked. We found the Sea Ranch Resort and rented a cabin. We had to stay in two different cabins, a large and a small. The larger cabin (27A) was set up strangely with a full bed and a twin bunk on top. This allows for more people to sleep in the cabin, but it makes the space feel more shut down, and had a funky smell. The smaller cabin was set up better with only one full bed (each cabin has a futon) and it smelled better like the cedar the unit is made from. We liked the location (within walking distance to town), and it was nice to have a private bathroom, microwave and sink. Each cabin also has an outdoor fire pit, although the settings are not private and we had some drunken campers right next to us and you can't help but see everyone and everything around you due to the lack of privacy. I also agree that the staff in the front was not the best. I found they were more slow than anything. I did leave my glasses in the cabin and they were accomodating about ensuring they were returned to me ASAP which I appreciated. There is also an espresso bar in the general store which was great.
In a nutshell, the location and price were good. The downside was the beds were very uncomfortable and there isn't any privacy once outside your cabin.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heather9552

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The location is ideal, across the bridge from Cannon Beach main street. A leisurely stroll to the beach. Everything else is dreadful!!! Here's the list: 1) Rude customer service. Lady at the desk seemed annoyed that it was 4ish and not all of the guests had checked in. 2) What are most parents doing at 9:00 at night? - hmmm...getting their kids ready for bed. Not at Sea Ranch, it is prime time to clean the bathroom. Talk about customer service. Close the bathroom for at least 30 minutes, just as people are getting their kids ready for bed. Nice. 3) What are people doing around 7ish in the morning? If you said, heading to the restroom and getting ready for the day, you are wrong again. The bathrooms were closed for cleaning, again. The best part is that for all of the cleaning time, the bathrooms weren't really clean???? One of the guests who had stayed longer than us said that it was like this their entire stay. There is a handicap one stall restroom behind the main building; however, the line was very long.

Overall, the Sea Ranch has taken advantage of the lack of camping spots in Cannon Beach (Wrights is the other campground and although they are very small, they get great reviews). Sea Ranch knows that they are going to be full every single night because it is the result of a simple supply and demand curve. When we head back to the area, we will camp outside of the Cannon Beach area and just enjoy other beach locations or book really early with Wrights.

Someone who has funds and a desire to run a campground in Cannon Beach, please open a campground. As long as you actually think about your customers, your business will thrive.

Room Tip: Stay further south on the beach in Oregon or book really early at Wrights.
2  Thank MT_Melody
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Trailer park trash treatment. Pulled in late in the evening on August 14, 2012 because all else in Cannon Beach was full. All they had available was their 'overflow' site (site #6) right beside the office. I enquired about booking it for two nights if we wanted a second night. Trailer park counter lady #1 suggested I didn't know what 'overflow' meant and said absolutely no. They can't book that spot because it's the overflow spot. However she explained, another spot is vacating the next day so once they pulled out I was to pull our trailer into that spot (site #9). Stayed the night, tolerated constantly grossly clogged men's toilet, sink faucets that required two hands to operate poorly, hour and a half long wait for women's showers in the morning, traffic noise, no wireless, cramped sites, etc.
First thing in the morning went into the office to request a refund as we had decided to move on. New trailer park counter lady #2 said no refunds, they had already reserved my spot for me and have turned away business. If I wanted to pursue it further I would have to talk to the owner. I asked for the owner's whereabouts and went and found her. I tried to politely explain that we had arrived late the night before and wanted a refund so .... At the mention of a refund Miss 'we don't believe in customer service' Owner interrupted and said "No refunds". There was no inquiries as to how was our experience so far, were we dissatisified with anything, is there anything we could do to improve your stay, nothing, no way, natta." Any attempt at saying more to her was interrupted constantly. I would have to wait and move into the spot that was reserved for me and paid for the night before, ie. site #9.
We decided to 'make the best of it' and spent the day in Cannon Beach returning early in the afternoon, check out time was 12 noon, to find that the guests in site #9 had not left yet although they looked to be packing up. Went for dinner in Cannon Beach returned after dark to find site #9 still occupied by the same guests. Trailer park counter lady #3 didn't know anything about us moving into site #9 even though it was clearly written on our receipt by trailer park counter lady #1.
Trailer park counter lady #3 was at least polite and pleasant about the matter and of course Miss Queen of the Dump owner was no where to be found. We concluded there was little point in forcing site #9 guests to sway sites with us, which we felt is all that would happen, we spent a second night in the site where we were told the night before, there was absolutely no way we could stay a second night.
We met guests who had frequented the resort (resort?), I mean trailer park, many years ago with their children. They pointed out that their children were adults now with their own children and they had all returned for a visit. They were disappointed with the cramped sites noting that many more sites had been squeezed in between existing sites. They currently have about 100 sites with a grand total of two toilets each. Whew! Remember one of the men's was constantly clogged.
The dump has fewer amenities yet is more expensive than the others in Cannon Beach. We got treated like second class citizens by a second class owner. Like another post says "The ONLY thing this place offers is its location to Cannon Beach." Not enough for me to return for more abuse.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
4  Thank Cliff C
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I set up a church campout here, and to all of our dismay, the manager who checked us in, was intoxicated, It was a decent place, though the sites were too close together. They nickled and dimed everything, even when I bought a packet of powdered apple cider from the store for a dollar, they charged me fifty cents for the water and the cup. Convenient to the beach, yes. Everything else, they can have...never going back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank TERRY G
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Don't expect customer service. Don't expect space or privacy. Don't expect it to be quiet - the road noise is awful. Don't expect reasonable prices. Don't expect any security at night - No night manager. I don't expect to ever return!!!!

3  Thank ramagmom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The campground sites were so small and the picnic table miniture to make the site look bigger. No room hardly to set up chairs around fire pit before bumping into another persons site. Fire ring for campsite right outside bsthroom window of cabin ( literally 3 feet away!). Cabins tiny, look more like oversized out houses. Only 1 foot of space between beds and between bed and bathroom. Beds rock hard, thin. They offer a complimentary coffee but if you go get it, the lady in the store acts like your a criminal. Rude. Small. Highly NOT reccommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ramblin4
Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

This is a nice park. Especially geared towards children. Our children are grown and gone, but we enjoyed watching the kids at Sea Ranch having so much fun!!!

• Stayed: July 2012