“Good food, gluten-free options”
Review of Sweet Basil's Cafe

Sweet Basil's Cafe
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Offering a healthy choice at the coast. Many vegetarian and Gluten free options. House smoked pork and meat options also available. At dinner Cajun/Creole dishes are featured plus local Northwest ingredients. Live music nightly in the Wine Bar.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Good food, the lentil soup was great (and I don't generally like soup). The gluten-free options were helpful.

1  Thank David H

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We started with the Tiger Prawn Martini with banana and sweet chili sauce. We never would have put those things together but it was very good. We then ordered the Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushroom with cheese which was one of the best dishes we've ever had. We also got the Apple Chicken salad with homemade Mango Lemon dressing. The salad was fairly ordinary but the dressing made it. Very small place without much seating and we chose not to sit in the lounge area so we were right by the door and the kitchen. Which was fine it just wasn't so intimate. Live acoustic music was tasteful and gave a cool atmosphere. Our bill was just under $50 I definitely recommend it if for nothing else than for the food.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've never had Osso Buco (Bone Hole) before, but had the Pork Shank Osso Buco this week at Sweet Basil's Cafe (my favorite restaurant in Cannon Beach). It was Oh, so meraviglioso (wonderful). It was extremely tasty, well presented, and completely satisfying. I'd order it again in an instant ... so good, I can't keep it out of my mind. My wife had a Salmon dish that was delightful as well. We always make a point to drop by Sweet Basil's when we visit Cannon Beach (which I hope we will soon to see a play at the Coaster Playhouse in Cannon Beach). I urge you to drop by, too. I can assure you, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Sweet Basil's evening music and vegan gluten free coconut cake were both highlights of our trip. Lunch was also great. I had the best crab melt with vegan cheese! Since I have many food intolerances, this place was just great in providing an excellent menu of yummy, healthy choices. I had two great nights of entertaining music, complete with an impromptu Beatles sing along. I'll definitely be back next time.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I loved this place... Sweet, quaint, yummy, gourmet, fresh... Good wine and yes live music. A very french countryside cafe feel with rustic furnishing and soft lighting . I had the crab stuffed portabello mushroom with fresh wild green. Omg!!! I may be back tomorrow.