“Exceptional Hotel”

Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Checked out 5 other hotel/resorts before settling on Hallmark this past rainy, Sunday evening on an impulsive romantic getaway from Seattle.The Hallmark was everything my partner and I were looking for!

Reasonably priced compared to the other hotels in the area (a Sunday night stay was less than $200 since it was off season and seemed like a slower night), the absolute BEST location (opened up our sliding door to the balcony and right in front of Haystack!), a hot tub IN THE ROOM, wine glasses stocked in the cabinet (we brought our own wine from home but forgot glasses), a refrigerator and microwave (with a bag of microwave popcorn, too!) a comfy, clean bed, and a really fantastic double-headed shower. We were able to rent movies, games/puzzles, and even flash lights from the front desk at 1 am (free of extra charges) when we went on a rainy night walk to the beach. Unlimited salt water taffy and cookies, coffee, cocoa, tea, etc. in the lobby area. Brittney (day staff) and the night staff lady were beyond friendly and accommodating. Loved meeting them both! Their genuine enthusiasm and care about how our stay was stood out from any other staff members we encountered during our overnight. Did not have time to check out the pool/hot tub/fitness area but definitely plan on coming back.

Only negatives are barely worth mentioning, but just to keep the review honest I have to mention them. We only had 1 coffee packet in the room and the coffee pot says to use two (but easy to grab more at the front desk) and one of the robes provided in the closet had a big rip in it. There is no restaurant or cafe to order food so this required us to have to leave the room and walk down the street for meals...but we saw a pizza delivery car in the parking lot so we should have done that! We travel pretty low maintenance so the issues we did have were minimal in the grand scheme of how excellent everything else was during our stay. Thanks, Hallmark! We will recommend you to all of our friends/family. See you next time we are in the area.

1  Thank imoldgreggory
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear imoldgreggory,
Thanks for taking the time to share your Hallmark experience with other travelers. I'm delighted you discovered us and enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your kind words to Brittany and staff. I am blessed to work with such talented and friendly staff. We all enjoy being your "home away from home" and look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.
Kirby Blankenship

Write a ReviewReviews (2,445)

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed there in January 2014 and....wow...the view was fantastic!!! When we opened up the curtains in our room the view of Haystack Rock was breathtaking! The front of the house staff was more than accomodating, very polite and welcoming. The room they gave us was very nice. It had a balcony, mini-fridge and coffee, popcorn and many other extras that I didn't expect. This is a great getaway for anytime of the year..my husband and I went in the winter and will be going back in the summer for the great customer service, views and beach access :) A Must Stay for anyone in the area!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room...they have the best views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calhobbs6
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Calhobbs6,
Thank you for the great review. I'm delighted you appreciated our friendly staff and you are right, the views are amazing. Thank you for making us your home in Cannon Beach and we look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is situated adjacent to Haystack rock, the third largest free standing monolith in the world. Absolutely clean and pristine coastline. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. Our room was a bit small, but the space contained all of the amenities that we desired. There was a small balcony facing the ocean. I began my days drinking coffee and gazing at the ocean. Important note note- cannon beach is a dog friendly beach, and there were many doggies roaming the beach when we stayed. All of the dogs that I met were friendly. Also, campfires are allowed on the beach. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Garden49,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Hallmark experience with other travelers. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. The Hallmark Resort & Spa is the closest resort to famous Haystack Rock so the views are the best to be found. I'm happy to see you enjoyed them with coffee in the morning. Thanks for choosing the Hallmark as your home in Cannon Beach and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Oregon coast.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This place is fantastic - do not put much stock in reviews that say otherwise. My partner and I travel a lot - we travel often both personally and for business. We live in Seattle and decided to do a weekend getaway to the Oregon Coast and picked the Hallmark. The location cannot be beat! Our room looked right out onto Haystack Rock and the beach. Off-season rates were very reasonable too! Many families staying there had kids and dogs (which we do not), so it seems the hotel caters very well to larger families also. The room was clean and well-maintained and the microwave and fridge were very nice touches. If you want a beach getaway, this is the place. Some people may come in looking for the Four Seasons, and they might be disappoionted. When I book/stay at the Four Seasons, I expect the Four Seasons. This place isn't that, but it greatly exceeded my expectations. Will be staying here again in the very near future.

Room Tip: Facing the beach - 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Seattledude01,
Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa for your beach getaway and sharing your experience with other travelers. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay! We strive to make every guest feel like we are welcoming you into our home. We do have family-designed suites as well as romantic guestrooms with in-room 2-person spas. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at the Hallmark for one night on my 40th birthday. We arrived early and the front desk was gracious enough call as soon as our room was ready. We stayed in an ocean front king size bed room with the Jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable and the balcony area was very nice. We enjoyed the little extras of cookies along with the wonderful spa soaps and such in the bathroom area. As we only stayed one night I wasn't able to try out the spa but on our next visit I'll definitely be trying that out. I also enjoyed that they had stairs leading to the beach with benches to rest on and also the wonderful access to town so driving around wasn't an issue. It was a wonderful relaxing stay and my fiancée and I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: It is actually worth the extra money for a beachfront room. They face Haystack rock and it's so...

Dear travelinredneck,
Thank you for sharing your 40th birthday with us! I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here February 13th and 14th as a Valentine's surprise to her. We had a KING oceanfront spa room (room number 322) for our first night and an oceanfront Queen room (number) 320 for our second night. Both rooms had a spectacular view of Haystack Rock! If you don't want to pay the extra money for the spa room, ask for room 320. I was told it had the best view in the house and it lived up to that. We still loved the spa room and I would recommend it to anyone if you can pay the extra money for it.

The King oceanfront spa room had a luxurious, comfortable bed, a 2-person jetted tub just a few feet from the bed, and a gas fireplace. It also came with a roomy, modern 2-person tiled shower with individually-controlled shower heads (one at each end). The queen room was smaller than the spa room and had a regular tub/shower combination. It also had a fireplace. Both rooms had beautiful granite countertops in the bathrooms. I arranged for rose petals to be arranged on the bed in a heart shape, and Bella did a wonderful job on this. I was told she loves doing this sort of thing. I tell you, the staff here really enjoys doing what they do!

Aside from the nice room and view, the front desk staff at this place made us feel at home and was happy to take care of us. Colleen was especially helpful when my original plan to arrive February 12 had to be changed at the last minute, due to my girlfriend's flight being delayed. Colleen cancelled my first night at no charge, then booked me a second night at the lower rate I would have paid if we had arrived when planned. Unfortunately, the spa room wasn't available February 14th, but Colleen booked us a Queen oceanfront room (320) just two doors down from our spa room. We had to check out of our room at noon, then wait for housekeeping to make the new room available before we could check back in. Colleen coordinated with them to make the room available as soon as possible while we went out and explored the area.

Another nice touch I want to mention was in the front desk lobby area. They had frosting, sugar sprinkles and cupcakes for people to decorate for Valentine's Day. There were also blank cards and stickers you could put in them to make Valentine's cards. My girlfriend (a kid at heart) had a lot of fun with this (see picture I posted).

With nice accommodations like this and such a nice team of people, we'll be staying with the Hallmark again when we're able to make it back to Cannon Beach!

2  Thank Curtybah
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Curtybah,
I'm delighted you shared your Valentine's Day celebration with all of us at the Hallmark Resort & Spa. Thank you for recognizing Bella and Colleen. We are truly blessed to to have them, and so many other staff, that enjoy making guests happy. We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to sharing our home with you again.
Kirby Blanekenship

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked this room knowing that it was right on the beach as I wanted to be as close as possible to ask my girlfriend to marry me. The customer service was wonderful and we were booked in room 136 which is right next to the beach access stairway. Loved every minute of our stay. I am normally not one to acknowledge my military service but the staff took the extra time based on my address on JBLM to thank us for my military service. I felt right at home.

Room Tip: Ask the staff to explain to you how to get to your room because if they did not mark it for me, I wo...

Dear dlw558,
Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa for the place to pop the big question! I'm sure she said "Yes". As the closest resort to Haystack Rock, the views are worthy of such a memorable time. Best of luck as you move into an exciting new chapter of life and we look forward to seeing you on every anniversary.