“Great view although sour staff.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach

Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Portland, Oregon
“Great view although sour staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Location is amazing. Rooms have great views. Decor conservatively updated, could be a bit more tasteful and modern. Staff were condescending and sour. Not warm and welcoming as expected when providing a service.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear SForesta,
I'm so sorry you felt our staff was sour. As you can see by countless other reviews we are typically rated very high in friendly, professional service. If you have the time I would appreciate hearing from you personally about your experience. I can be reached at Kirby@hallmarkinns.com. Please accept my apologies if you were treated rudely and I hope you will give us another chance to show you our legendary hospitality.
Kirby Blankenship

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

What a wonderful experience to get to stay at the beautiful Hallmark resort and Spa at Cannon Beach. I was greeted by friendly staff at the front desk that welcomed me with a warm smile and great information on the area. I asked for dining information for just me... and the young lady "Bella" was exceptionally kind.
when I entered my room... wow! Clean, classy and they have nice little extras. Microwave popcorn, free DVD players, local gourmet coffee ... but the direct view of Haystack Rock floored me. ( See picture attachments)
Every room in this property has such amazing access to the beach and then downtown is walking distance.
So I parked my car and walked to dinner just a block to the many shopping and dining options of Cannon Beach.
The bed was exceptionally clean and very comfortable with many pillow options if you have a preference.
Dan on the Front desk always greeted me warmly every morning and offered complimentary coffee in the lower lobby Oh and warm cookies at the front desk every evening. This is a great place to visit with the family... or like me on a business trip. Just remember its the Oregon Coast... take a raincoat. It’s OK to get rained on here.

Room Tip: Sorry no restaurant and room service... I couldnt uncheck. This property is right at the beach and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Shannon M
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Shannon M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Hallmark experience. I will make sure Bella and Dan see your comments and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. Next trip you will have to take one of our complementary retro bikes for your trips downtown. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.
Tiburon, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We decided to stay in Cannon beach one more night instead of staying at the Hallmark property in Newport Beach. They were great about transferring our reservation among the properties which I really appreciated! The views and sunset were awesome as is the location to Haystack Rock.

We had been traveling for 6 days so the laundry room was a nice convenience.

The beds were super comfortable, but the wall bed my son used had a broken head board - one side was not connected. The front desk was very apologetic.

The queen bedroom of the two bedroom suite layout was cave-like because we were across from the laundry/vending machine room. We would request a different room next time.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the vending/laundry room which is 132,232 or 332. Also the two bedroom suites...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wlbb
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear wlbb,
Please accept my apologies for the broken hinge on the Sico headboard. If you have the time, please email me at kirby@hallmarkinns.com and let me know your room number so I can make sure it has been repaired. I'm glad you enjoyed the laundry facilities, sleep quality, and the view. We look forward to seeing you again and if you like, I'll gladly assist you in choosing your next room style.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here years ago and remembered the great view. Drove around until we found it. (totally forgot the name!)

We had a room with a balcony looking up the beach. Gorgeous sunset! The room had a fireplace and a microwave with a bag of popcorn. The bath amenities are very nice.

My only complaint is that we got back to the hotel late and were very tired. We climbed into bed and found the top sheet was covered with dog hair. We don't have a dog. We were too tired to get dressed to have someone come to replace the cover so we wadded it up and tossed it in the corner. The front desk was very helpful in the morning and took care of my concerns.

Without that problem this would have been 5 stars.

Room Tip: Rooms right at the beach level have the best views.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jean_likes_maine
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear jean_likes_maine,
I am very sorry there was dog hair on your bed's top sheet. We pride ourselves in our housekeeping but we certainly dropped the ball in your case. Please accept my apologies. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your experience and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We arrived very late at night after a long flight and then a drive from Portland. Your overnight staff, Stephanie, welcomed us and made us feel right at home. She was cheerful and polite without being obnoxious. Sometimes in the middle of the night, all we want is to get to our room. She made us happy to be there, even at 2 AM! We had a great stay, loved our room and will definitely be back again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear William S,
I will be sure to pass along your comments to Stephanie and thank you for recognizing her. I understand how tired you can be after a long flight and a 2 hour drive and I'm happy she got you into your room quickly. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Langley, B.C. Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just rolled into town and into this fabulous spot.....the hotel is everything we hoped for and more...somehow we ended up in a two bedroom suite with kitchenette etc. the suite is spotless and new with a fireplace. And this place takes pet friendly seriously.....we have our 12 year old golden with us and she even got her own blanket, towel, cookie and frisbee! All this for $200 a night.....Cannon Beach is just as beautiful as it was 42 years ago when we pitched a tent on this beach on our honeymoon.....highly recommend ...the hotel! Not tenting

Dear wazoo1,
Thank you for discovering the Hallmark Resort & Spa in Cannon Beach. I'm delighted you enjoyed our fresh clean guestrooms and suites and the treats for your 4-legged friend. Please don't wait another 42 years before coming to see us again!
Miles City, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The Hallmark Resort was great! Staff very pleasant, respectful, and helpful. Ocean front room with balcony is a must. Clean and comfortable. Centrally located so it was easy to walk to shops and dining. Haystack Rock right out our room. Can"t wait to return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Dwana_Jo,
Thank you for your great comments on our staff. Everyone strives to provide friendly, professional service and enjoys taking care of our guests. Thanks for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa and we look forward to seeing you next time.