“Great Memorial Weekend.”

Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the first time we went to Canon Beach, OR. and I was not disappointed. We spent two days and a night at the Hallmark Suites. The location is just a few steps from the beach and very close to Haystack Rock. Our room have a terrace that gave us a small view of the ocean that we can still watch the waves and hear it. The room was good, big, just enough for us four. It was nice and clean but when it's time to use the kitchen, we encountered some problem with the stove and microwave, and the staff quickly responded to try fix the problem.
We had a great time at the beach. From bird watching, photographing or just simply walking barefoot. My kids love the tide pools, playing in the sand and building sandcastle. They were so amazed to see a lot of Starfish and Sand Dollars. A famous coffee shop was just accrossed the street so it was an additional treat. The locals and very nice and the other visitors are very friendly. We will definitely coming back and hopefully next time will be able to get a ocean front view room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear NelCam,
Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa for your Cannon Beach vacation. I'm sorry you encountered a problem with the kitchen but I'm glad our staff responded quickly to resolve the issue. Thank you for your business and we look forward to hosting you in an oceanfront suite on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

In advance of our Oregon Coast trip we booked an "Ocean Front Queen" type room. As we were travelling with our little Schnauzer, we were required to call the hotel vs. making the booking online. I was able to identify the view I was hoping to have and was not disappointed. Our room was on the most Southern corner of the hotel with picture perfect views of Haystack Rock and up and down the beach. We instantly wished we could stay another night. Be sure to coordinate your visit with low tide as the tide pools around Haystack Rock are incredible.

The staff were very friendly and provided our dog his own welcome bag. Fresh warm cookies were available at the front desk in the early evening too.

Room Tip: You must splurge and get a room with a view of Haystack Rock - you'll regret it if you don't...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YYZ2SFO

Dear YYZ2SFO,
I'm delighted that you and your four legged friend had a great time. As the closest resort to Haystack Rock we do offer the best views in town. I agree the tide pools are great fun for the whole family and this is nesting season for many of the sea birds on Haystack Rock. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa for your Cannon Beach trip and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been going to Cannon Beach for many years. Most recently I have started staying at the Hallmark Resort. The location in Cannon Beach is great, close to Haystack Rock and their are steps directly to the beach from the property. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable and the people that work their are so nice. They are locals that know the area and can make great suggestion on where to eat and what to see. The front desk supervisor Colleen was great to work with and always had a smile.
They also have free bikes you can use to ride up town if you want.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear OregonOak50,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Hallmark experience with other travelers. I'm delighted you have made the Hallmark a tradition. I will be sure and pass your comments on to Colleen and the rest of the staff. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We just spent two days at the Hallmark Resort, It has become annual May trip for us. The newly renovated rooms are really nice and the staff are always right on the ball. We did the two days for the price of one May promotion and it is a great value. We had a great time just watching the waves, walking the beach, and being a photographer getting, some great shots.

Room Tip: Get in on the great promo rates, all the rooms are good and have great views, if you want to get a v...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear David L,
Thank you for making the Hallmark Resort & Spa a family tradition. I'm delighted you enjoyed the customer service and the recent room renovation. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Hallmark is in a great spot and the staff are very good. We had a great day at the beach and the kids loved the tide pools , playing soccer and flying kites. We had a larger unit with 2 bedrooms - the beds were comfortable but the rooms were very dark and stuffy ( as with most hotels it seems the airconditioning is always too loud) . The kitchen is amll but workable - cutlery is really tired. View was awesome and seating area spacious. So overall decent value but dont expect top tier furnishings etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear tashadogcalgary,
I'm very sorry you found aged cutlery in you room. We purchase scores of new knife sets every year and strive to keep everything up to date. If you would please email me with your room number I will make sure the cutlery is replaced.

I'm happy to hear that the rest of your stay and the customer service was good and I look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I arrived early for a weekend stay with my wife and friends. "Your room is not available" i was told. Check in is at 4. We walked around town, on the beach and returned around 2:30. Still not ready. After being reminded again that check in is at 4 I asked "Nobody has checked in today?" At that point the customer service became one of malicious compliance. Checked in finally at 3:30ish. The front desk manager groused about me not presenting my ID myself because my name was on the reservation even though my wife clearly has the same last name and did she really think someone with the same last name would wait 4 hours and deal with her charming self to take someones reservation?

Having a very bad experience with a manager who clearly needs to do something else was not enough to overcome what a great room and view. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean and updated. The view was unbelievable.

So, if you are ok with dealing with poor customer service from the front desk, you will not be disappointed by the room and the view.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear AKTravelrVic,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the customer service you received at check in. You can see from other reviews at you did not receive our usual quality service. I understand when guests have driven for several hours all they want to do is check into their room. We strive to get all guestrooms cleaned as soon as possible but with a check out time of noon, we simply can't get all the rooms cleaned much before 4pm. If someone arrives early, we do mark the room in our computer system letting housekeeping know someone is waiting. I am very sorry we did not take care of you better.

Thank you for giving me a valuable training tool by providing this review. I'm happy you enjoyed your clean, updated guestroom and the amazing views. Hopefully you will see a way to give us another try.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This place was perfect from beginning to end! We arrived, and the first thing the lady did at the front desk was give my toddler a sand bucket and shovel. Next thing she did was give my husband fresh cookies. The service was great. The view was wonderful. They do a fire pit on the beach where u can make s'mores, while looking at haystack rock. Beautiful. Rooms were nice with lots of room. And the tub is so awesome. They even have a built in sauna in the bathroom. Best Mother's Day EVER!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Novaleeisland
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Novaleeisland,
I'm delighted you celebrated Mother's Day with us! I'm happy to hear the family enjoyed the fresh baked cookies and the sand buckets. We now also offer complementary cruiser bikes for downtown adventures. Next Mother's Day I suggest you indulge in a spa treatment just for you. Thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you again.