“This is it!”

Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 1 July 2014

What a fantastic resort. If you find yourself in Cannon Beach, this is the only place to stay. It is as close as you can get to Haystack rock. Employees are fantastic. They not only allow dogs, but they love them and treat them like family! The views are amazing. There is a spa right on the property. Honestly, you can't go wrong here. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Simply ask for one with a view of Haystack Rock.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Carrie B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Hallmark experience with other travelers. I'm delighted you enjoyed our Hallmark hospitality and I look forward to seeing you the next time you find yourself in Cannon Beach.

There are newer reviews for Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was thrilled to see the Haystack and the Needles right outside our hotel window! Enjoying the uninterrupted beach and the quiet surf from the room balcony gave the beautiful room a subdued and zen feeling. The white bed linens and "rippled sand" carpet continued the quiet beach vibe. We had a 4 bed double room with two full baths, fully equipped kitchen and eating area. It was a perfect choice for our family vacation. The pool was immaculate and the front desk people gave helpful and courteous service. I would go back in a heartbeat and will probably plan for the "Sand Castle" weekend held every year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Laraine B,
As the closest resort to Haystack Rock, our views are really special. I am happy to hear you enjoyed them. Thanks for noticing the "rippled sand" carpet. I think you are the first guest to mention it but I also think it looks like the beach. If you do decide to come back for next year's Sandcastle contest, make your reservations early. It is a very popular weekend and the larger family rooms fill up first. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with the family. The Oceanfront rooms are a must! The view is gorgeous. The easy access to the beach was perfect for the kids. The rooms are very comfortable. Our only issue was that the walls and ceiling/floors are pretty thin. Didn't get much sleep on the first night because the people on the floor above us walk heavily and they were up pretty late. Thanks to Dan at the front desk, we slept great on the second night. He really went above and beyond to ensure we had a peaceful second night's sleep. The rest of the staff are also very friendly, courteous, and helpful. We will continue to stay at the Hallmark Inn whenever we visit Cannon Beach. My family is already trying to squeeze in a second trip this summer because of the great time we had, and the Hallmark Inn is where we plan to stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dave S,
Thank you for your recommendation! I'm delighted that Dan was able to take care of the noise issues and I'm happy to hear you are already planning a return trip. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Took our graduated Senior down the coast and we found Hallmark Resort easy to find, fantastic views from the rooms, beach walks, sand dollars, shells, and the sound of the ocean at night was so incredible. Pool and hot tubs and friendly staff. Rooms very clean! Our stay was absolutely perfect and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Shelly M,
Thanks for taking the time to share your Hallmark experiences with other travelers. Thank you for sharing the family graduation trip with us. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your visit and while I realize Colorado is a ways away, we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Oregon Coast.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hubby and I just returned from a glorious trip to the Oregon Coast, and a wonderful stay at the Hallmark Resort. We had our three grown children (14, 17 and 22) with us, and we could not have been more pleased with our choice to stay at Hallmark. Most of the glowing reviews speak for their self, but I wanted to expound on a few items that I have not seen mentioned.

First of all we were on the 3rd floor, 2 bedroom full kitchen (Room 332). This room has full beach front view of the stunning Haystack Rock and magnificent sunsets every night, right from your balcony. The room was spotless, and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The two bedroom unit had one bedroom with two twin beds (with TV), the second bedroom had a Double bed (also with a TV) and the living room area had full kitchen, desk, sofa, fireplace and a Third TV. The living room also had a Murphy Bed that pulled out from the wall. Hubby and I wanted to actually sleep in the Murphy Bed so we gave the kids the two bedrooms. We would open the sliding glass door at night and listen to the waves lull us to sleep, and turn the fire place on. The Murphy Bed was ultra comfortable! I slept like a baby! When we pulled the bed down from the wall the first night, of course all three kids complained because they wanted to sleep on it, but we said "no way, it's ours".

The low tide was around 9:00 each morning so off we went to see the beautiful birds and sea creatures that make Haystack Rock their home. All mornings were foggy, which actually made the atmosphere around the rock very neat. They have three telescopes set up, pointing to the top of the rock so you can see the different types of birds and their nests. They also had volunteers all around, willing to tell you all sorts of interesting facts. We were there well over an hour exploring each morning amazed at every turn.

I didn't realize how close Hallmark was to the Sleepy Monk Coffee Shop. Wow, such a darling place. My 22 year old daughter and I would walk there each morning to sit on their lawn in their Adirondack chairs and have a delicious pastry and great coffee. It's literally less than a 3 minute walk from the Hallmark. Also, next to the Sleepy Monk, is the Screw & Brew (part hardware store part brew pub) where they have very good snacks and ice cold local beers. Two really great places, all within a 3 minute walk.

Also, within several minutes of walking, is the fine restaurant the Wayfarer. Again, literally a 4 minute walk. I was walking one early evening and just stumbled upon it, and what a surprise. Beautiful big windows, and a very pretty green area with patio and tables. They had a happy hour and people were sitting on the patio with wine and appetizers. It looked delightful as I walked past. We did not stop, as we had the kids, but certainly would have if it was just hubby and I.

The front desk sells bundles of wood for $8 to have beach fires, and for $25 you can purchase wood and the items to make smores. We ended up going to the Market in town and got some snacks to eat by the fire, and smores stuff, so we only purchased the firewood from the hotel. Husband and I counted at least 15 beach fires one night up and down the beach, it was really magical.

I can't believe we never even made it to the indoor swimming area, I kept thinking I would take a night swim, but the time just went by so fast, that I never made it in the pool area so I can't review on that.

In the area by the ice and soda machines, there are washer and dryers available which I thought was very handy. Also, we asked for more towels one evening, and they literally brought them to our room within minutes.

We also had a visitor that would come to visit the balcony a couple times a day. Johnathan Livingston Seagull was such entertainment for us on several occasions.

We are thrilled that we chose to stay at Hallmark and hope one day to return to the magnificent Oregon Coast. This hotel is wonderful for any type of travelling group - family, couples, a girls trip, solo - you name it, it could not be any better than this.

1  Thank SallyLuu
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear SallyLuu,
Thank you for the extensive review of your family visit. I'm delighted you had such a wonderful experience and we able to enjoy all the information from the Haystack Rock volunteers. Thanks also for pointing out the layout of our 2-bedroom suites and I'm happy it worked so well for you. I hope you will make the Hallmark Resort & Spa a tradition when visiting magical Cannon Beach.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

On the south end of Cannon beach right near Haystack Rock, but easy walk into town. I think it's the ideal location to stay in Cannon Beach. Had a comfortable room with a nice gas fireplace and a nice size balcony overlooking the rock and beach. Great place to unwind. Hope to return and would absolutely stay at the Hallmark again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Dtayls,
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! As the closest resort to Haystack Rock, our views are truly amazing. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was the high point of our trip. Beautiful room with awesome view of the ocean and haystack rock. Easy beach access. Restaurant in walking distance. Friendly and helpful staff will give you tips on where to go and what to see. Absolutely delightful! Will definitely come back

• Stayed: June 2014
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Paula C,
Thank you for sharing your Hallmark experience. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure and pass on your comments regarding friendly service to our staff. I love to hear you will be back and we'll be looking for you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannon Beach
Best Western Ocean View Resort
Land's End at Cannon Beach
Land's End at Cannon Beach
#12 of 15 in Cannon Beach

Been to Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach? Share your experiences!