“The only hotel we visit in Cannon Beach”

Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The view is spectacular. The proximity to town is just right, a nice walk although it is steep going back. The king bed room is the only room to get, nice size, jacuzzi, sofa, table, small food prep area. The only thing bad we can say about this hotel is that it has only one elevator that is hard to find and is at the oposite end of the property from where request our room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen J
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Stephen J,
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us. We do sit up on a 60 foot bluff that you have to climb when you return from town. However, that 60 feet and our proximity to Haystack Rock gives the Hallmark guestrooms awesome views. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kirby Blankenship

Write a ReviewReviews (2,517)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I always go here for a few days for our anniversary. We feel so relaxed when we get there and always have a wonderful experience. We have come to view this place as our "vacation home". We always get one of the 3rd floor corner ocean view rooms. For us, well worth the money. Love getting there and throwing open that huge glass door for the first time and hearing and feeling the ocean. The view is like no other in Cannon Beach.

Room Tip: 3rd floor corner rooms are prime. Worth every penny.
1  Thank i_am_crabio
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear I_am_crabio,
Congratulations on your anniversary! And thank you for making the Hallmark Resort & Spa a part of your annual celebration. I am delighted you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Room is nice and clean, very small. Got a view queen room. Bathroom is very very very small even for one person. For the price this could have been bigger. People in other rooms were loud along with dogs barking all day. We brought our dog with and we feel we could have been warned in advance that we needed take our dog with us Everywhere or put in the car if we go to dinner. On a good note the view of haystack rock is incredible.

Stayed: August 2014
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Geko7,
I am delighted you appreciated a crisp, clean guestroom. We do have a variety of room styles and many have large bathrooms and spacious living areas. I suggest you ask for a larger accommodation the next time. I'm sure you can understand that if you leave your dog in unfamiliar surroundings alone the they may behave differently and we do our best to keep barking and damage to a minimum.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had been looking forward to visiting Cannon Beach for months prior to arriving but were unable to find a hotel for the one night that we would be in town. I lucked into a same day booking at Hallmark Resort and I could not have been more impressed! When we arrived around 7pm after a full day of driving, we were greeted by friendly staff and informed that we were upgraded to a junior suite. The room was impeccably clean and cozy, the bath products were luxurious, and the view from our balcony (and the in room jetted tub) was spectacular! We chose to spend the evening on the beach where my now fiance proposed! (TALK ABOUT THE PERFECT SETTING!!! RIGHT IN FRONT OF HAYSTACK ROCK!!!!) My betrothed visited the gift shop to purchase some champagne and when the staff asked about the occasion and found out we had just gotten engaged they provided him with an ice bucket, champagne glasses and a commemorative "message in a bottle" with sand from the beach and a lovely note from the staff. This hotel went above and beyond to make our stay special, and we will return here for years to come. I am so incredibly happy that we got to spend such an important occasion at such a special place! Thank you to the staff of Hallmark, you made our happy event even more wonderful and made lifelong customers in the process!

2  Thank sarieanne

Dear sarieanne,
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your Hallmark experience with other travelers. I am delighted you enjoyed our service. I am lucky to work with so many people that are passionate about making guests happy. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort and we would love to see you back for your honeymoon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I chose this place for our 3-night stay on the coast because it looked like a great location at a less expensive price than the other beach choices. Our expectations were exceeded. We stayed in room 335, which has a wonderful balcony looking at Haystack Rock and the full expanse of beach. It is also very convenient to the beach access, the parking, the office, and the walk to town. The room was well equipped, with comfortable bed, table and two comfortable chairs, roomy desk/dresser, small refrigerator, as well as chairs and table on the balcony. There was a coffee maker, but we did not care for the coffee, so only did that once. We made good use of the fridge for snacks and for cheese picked up at Tillamook. The bathroom was big enough, the shower worked great, and the toiletries were high quality. I appreciated the notebook in the room with info on restaurants and activities. It could stand to be updated (one of our favorite restaurants was not included), and hours/closing info would have been helpful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed the fresh cookies at 4pm. We did not use the pool or spa, spending all our time either on the beach or on the balcony, when we weren't sight-seeing. At check-in we were given a map of the property which folds to the same size as our key-card. What a great idea! It helped us learn our way around the seeming maze of walkways and stairs. The layout seems very practical, and the entrance alcoves enhance privacy. In all, we were very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: According to the map, rooms x20-x27, x30-x35, x38-x42 all face the beach directly, and should have w...

Dear Sarah S,
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure and share your comments with all the staff. We all strive to exceed guests' expectations and we are all delighted when we succeed. I'm sorry you didn't like the coffee. I think the NW likes stronger coffee than other parts of the country. Thank you for sharing your Hallmark experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

By some freak accident we had made a wrong reservation (at the Hallmark Newport resort), when we reserved via the Hallmark website. Most amazingly we only found out the afternoon of our arrival, when checking our travel plan. We called the Newport resort and explained our mistake, and they agreed to give us a full refund. THAT's great customerservice!

We then called the Cannonbeach resort and also explained our mistake. The very friendly receptionist laughed hearthily and found us a room (small appartment for 5 people and with a full kitchen) for a price of USD 425. Very pricy (and 200 dollars more than our Newport reservation), but OK, we needed a room in Cannondale for the night.

The room (located beachside at the very southern end of the resort) had an absolutely amazing full and free view of the beach and Haystack rock. Amazing. The room itself was large but could need an update of the bathroom. Except for that OK.

The reception personel were welcoming at checkin, but a resort this size needs a larger reception and should probably also establish a bar and/or a restaurant on site.

The rooms would only account for a 3 star rating (especially for the steep price), but the views make this a 4 star review.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear batravn,
I am very happy to hear we were able to accommodate you at the last minute with a change in location. Both Hallmark Resorts run very full during the summer season and family-sized suites can be hard to find. The price of lodging does vary depending upon the location and rates are higher in Cannon Beach than in Newport. However, Hallmark Resorts strive to provide the best value and lodging experience at both locations.

As the closest resort to Haystack Rock, our views are amazing and I'm delighted you enjoyed them. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again if you return to Cannon Beach and the Oregon coast.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

During a heatwave in Seattle (and the rest of the Pacific Northwest) my girlfriend and I made the decision to get to Cannon Beach and its mild temperatures for the weekend. Being July, I couldn't for the life of me find a room. Luckily, I used the Hotel Tonight app and got a solid rate at the Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach.

Since it had to have been one of the last rooms available in the entire town, I wasn't expecting much. But I was pleasantly surprised -- our room was small, but very clean and nice with a view of the beach and ocean. Checking in and parking was a breeze; there were even free cookies and we were able to check-out a DVD at night from a pretty good collection of titles! Furthermore, being close to Haystack Rock, I absolutely loved the location.

The stay was great, and the hotel certainly made a fan out of me. Whenever I decide to head to the Oregon Coast again, the Hallmark Resort will be the first place I check for a room.

1  Thank Bryden M
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Bryden M,
Thank you for the nice review. I'm delighted to hear your will be making the Hallmark Resort & Spa a tradition when you visit Cannon Beach. I love to hear the words, "I'll be back!". If you have not done so, I suggest you sign up on our website to receive our monthly email specials. Thanks for your business and we look forward to seeing you next time.