“Home Away From Home #2”

Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We enjoy staying at Hallmark in Cannon Beach and generally stay in the suites next to Wayferer Restaurant in Cannon Beach. We prefer SurfSand as our #1 place but will stay at Hallmark do to the larger rooms with 2 bedrooms and a sizable kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear 3ETravelers,
I'm delighted you chose the Hallmark Resort & Spa over your other go-to resort in Cannon Beach. We strive to offer the best value in Cannon Beach for all travelers and I'm happy you discovered us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Hallmark Resort on Cannon Beach is the most ideal spot for vacation. I was wow'ed by the location and quality of the hotel and service. First the view was breathtaking. It was wonderful to to be able to walk down a few steps to the beach and walk when ever I wanted to. The sea life that was at the base of Haystack Rock when tide was out was amazing to see, tide pools, crabs, starfish and mussels clinging to the wall, birds of all kinds Puffins, gulls etc. And the sunsets unmatchable. The staff warmly welcomed me and ensured I was totally satisfied with my accommodations. My room was the King with view of Haystack Rock, and had a jacuzzi in the room. The bathroom was excellent, large with two showerheads granite, beautiful tile work and a beautiful exterior granite vanity that allowed me to see the ocean when getting ready. The bed was so comfortable, large screen TV, mini kitchen and large screen TV with HBO. I loved the special extras from the warm cookies that greeted me in the lobby, the little box of cookies left on my bed, the helpful staff, that saw me carrying my luggage when leaving, dropped what he was doing and carried it for me, and would not accept a tip. The pool, jacuzzi and sauna were immaculate and so welcoming after a day of sight seeing. The hotel is conveniently located just a few blocks from restaurants and shopping. It was all landscaped so beautifully. I will definitely make this my destination spot for future travel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear ShaONeill,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Hallmark experience with other travelers. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit and while Texas is a ways away, we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Oregon coast.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My girlfriend and I went down to Cannon Beach for the first weekend in August. We made plans late so there wasn't much in terms of available rooms so we had a very limited selection and chose the Hallmark. It's in a terrific location in Cannon Beach very close to Haystack Rock. The resort has steps that lead from the main building right on to the beach.
Our room was on the third floor and as advertised we had a peak at the beach and ocean from one of our windows.
The room wasn't large but had enough space for the two of us. A flat screen tv, DVD player, microwave and bar fridge were also provided. We also had a gas fireplace in the room directly facing the bed and found it to be a pleasant addition that we put to use.
The bathroom was modern and had lovely orange scented soap. There were nice toiletries and ample towels.
The main bedroom and bathroom were both clean and we found the bed to be comfortable. Our only complaint is that we open the window to hear the ocean, the sound of waves is drowned out by a fan/AC unit blowing outside the room. A bit of a disappointment as both my girlfriend and I love to fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean.
The resort is walking distance to restaurants and shops, and there are several routes one can take. There is a bit of a shortcut if you take the stairs down from the resort onto one of the smaller side streets.
We'd stay again and try for a room directly facing the beach and ocean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gord L
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Gord L,
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your guestroom while staying with us. I'm sorry you heard a fan noise when you opened the window. Frankly, I'm not sure what that would have been. We only have AC units for Elements by the Sea Spa and they are located away from any guestrooms. If you have the time, please email me the room number you stayed in and I will investigate. I can be reached at Kirby@hallmarkinns.com. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The view is spectacular. The proximity to town is just right, a nice walk although it is steep going back. The king bed room is the only room to get, nice size, jacuzzi, sofa, table, small food prep area. The only thing bad we can say about this hotel is that it has only one elevator that is hard to find and is at the oposite end of the property from where request our room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen J

Dear Stephen J,
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us. We do sit up on a 60 foot bluff that you have to climb when you return from town. However, that 60 feet and our proximity to Haystack Rock gives the Hallmark guestrooms awesome views. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I always go here for a few days for our anniversary. We feel so relaxed when we get there and always have a wonderful experience. We have come to view this place as our "vacation home". We always get one of the 3rd floor corner ocean view rooms. For us, well worth the money. Love getting there and throwing open that huge glass door for the first time and hearing and feeling the ocean. The view is like no other in Cannon Beach.

Room Tip: 3rd floor corner rooms are prime. Worth every penny.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank i_am_crabio
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear I_am_crabio,
Congratulations on your anniversary! And thank you for making the Hallmark Resort & Spa a part of your annual celebration. I am delighted you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Room is nice and clean, very small. Got a view queen room. Bathroom is very very very small even for one person. For the price this could have been bigger. People in other rooms were loud along with dogs barking all day. We brought our dog with and we feel we could have been warned in advance that we needed take our dog with us Everywhere or put in the car if we go to dinner. On a good note the view of haystack rock is incredible.

Stayed: August 2014
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Geko7,
I am delighted you appreciated a crisp, clean guestroom. We do have a variety of room styles and many have large bathrooms and spacious living areas. I suggest you ask for a larger accommodation the next time. I'm sure you can understand that if you leave your dog in unfamiliar surroundings alone the they may behave differently and we do our best to keep barking and damage to a minimum.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had been looking forward to visiting Cannon Beach for months prior to arriving but were unable to find a hotel for the one night that we would be in town. I lucked into a same day booking at Hallmark Resort and I could not have been more impressed! When we arrived around 7pm after a full day of driving, we were greeted by friendly staff and informed that we were upgraded to a junior suite. The room was impeccably clean and cozy, the bath products were luxurious, and the view from our balcony (and the in room jetted tub) was spectacular! We chose to spend the evening on the beach where my now fiance proposed! (TALK ABOUT THE PERFECT SETTING!!! RIGHT IN FRONT OF HAYSTACK ROCK!!!!) My betrothed visited the gift shop to purchase some champagne and when the staff asked about the occasion and found out we had just gotten engaged they provided him with an ice bucket, champagne glasses and a commemorative "message in a bottle" with sand from the beach and a lovely note from the staff. This hotel went above and beyond to make our stay special, and we will return here for years to come. I am so incredibly happy that we got to spend such an important occasion at such a special place! Thank you to the staff of Hallmark, you made our happy event even more wonderful and made lifelong customers in the process!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarieanne

Dear sarieanne,
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your Hallmark experience with other travelers. I am delighted you enjoyed our service. I am lucky to work with so many people that are passionate about making guests happy. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort and we would love to see you back for your honeymoon!