“Best of the best!!”

R.R. Thompson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Carlton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I can't say enough about our experience at RR Thompson last weekend, when we were attending my son's graduation at Linfield College. We had an unexpected need to accommodate my daughter who had arrived late from out of town the previous evening. Roselyn and Mike were incredibly gracious, flexible and helpful in meeting our needs and contributed in a significant way to what turned out to be a memorable weekend. Besides that the house is beautiful, the Lavender Suite was fabulously furnished and comfortable, and the breakfast quite delicious. I travel a great deal all over the world and stay at many hotels - however this was definitely one of those rare places, nestled in Oregon's beautiful wine country, that I will always remember. We look forward to going back sometime soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for R.R. Thompson House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The R&R Thompson Inn is something else. We stayed for a weekend as we toured the wine country and have nothing but amazing things to say about this place.
1) Perfectly located in Carlton, right in the middle of wine country. The town is walking distance and has great food, live music, and tasting rooms. All major wineries in this area are short drives away
2) Best breakfast - amazing eggs, french toast, juice, tea. Cozy ambience and wonderful setting
3) We stayed in the Rose Room, upstairs. Wow. That bed is the most comfortable thing I have slept on in a long time. Large (read: giant) room, lots of windows, super cozy and comfortable.
4) Lovely hosts - we had a wonderful experience, they were just SO warm!!

Would definitely come back, in fact, fingers crossed, hope to come back very soon!

Room Tip: Rose Room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were made to feel most welcome, with a tour of the house and the history of the development explained. Our intention to visit the nearby Aviation & Space Museum fortunately led us to this place. Our hosts wanted to ensure that the breakfast would meet our needs and was very tasty. The room was furnished and equipped to a very high standard ensuring a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Even though we were on the top floor - this did not limit our comfort in anyway. All the rooms are s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Interesting hosts, great breakfasts, yummy anniversary cake. Beautiful room. And we loved being in Carlton where there are some great restaurants and lots of tasting rooms - all within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan A
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Staying at this B&B was by far the best experience I have had at any B&B. They not only had delicious food, but they made sure to ask about allergies, and also made us a special birthday cake. They went over the top to make sure we were happy with our stay. The room was clean and spectacular! The location of the B&B is perfect for any wine tasting or fun getaway as it is in the middle of downtown Carlton. I will for sure make my way back to R.R. Thompson B&B and will make sure I recommended it to all my friends. What a wonderful place!

PS...the Brie Omelet is amazing!

Room Tip: The Rose Room was so exceptional.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed at the R.R. Thompson B&B while traveling through Oregon on our honeymoon. The owners were very nice and accommodating.....they seemed like genuine people. We did think the cost of the room was a bit steep for what we got.......but we were on our honeymoon, so we didn't care too much. The bed was comfy, and the room and bathroom were extremely clean.

The only negative thing about this place is they don't give you a key to your room.....they seem to be on the honor system. Even though I was on my honeymoon, I took my laptop with me, and my new wife had her kindle. With a bunch of strangers staying in the house, we didn't feel comfortable leaving our electronics in the room while we went wine tasting. We have stayed in B&B's all over the country.....and this is the first time we've ever run into this. The weird thing was that there were locks on the doors.......

The breakfast was yummy and filling......the owners were able to accommodate our gluten free needs....so that was a huge plus. I would gladly stay here again and long as I can lock my door when we leave. I hope the owners read this review....b/c everything was fantastic besides that.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We had a wonderful time in Carlton. Our bedroom and bath was spacious and clean. Great country feel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlton
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#3 of 7 in Newberg
3rd Street Flats
3rd Street Flats
#1 of 2 in McMinnville

Been to R.R. Thompson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!