“AMAZING!”
Review of Soter Vineyards

Soter Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Carlton
More attraction details
Owner description: We are open 7 days a week by advanced appointment only.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Soter Vineyards is the most amazing vineyard I have visited in Willamette Valley, not just because their wine is amazing but because their staff is invited, friendly and informative. I never feel rushed through a tasting there and being able to look out over the valley is such a treat--anytime of year. Their Brut Rose is awesome in addition to their famed Pinot Noir.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"property"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Let's just cut to the chase, shall we? Soter is the best. It's the best the Willamette Valley has to offer and it's the best I've ever experienced in many wine travels around the country. It's what visiting a winery should be all about: intimate, contemplative, warm, welcoming, not pushy and utterly inspiring.

I am a wine tour guide in the Willamette Valley, so it is my job to know all the wineries and what they have to offer. I wish more wineries would take notes from how Soter does it. From greeting you at the door with a glass of wine, to hosting small group seated tastings to having the experience guided by a knowledgeable member of the staff, Soter pays attention to detail and provides a memorable experience.

Yes, you have to have an appointment, and yes they can be difficult to book at times, but once you're there, you'll understand why they limit crowds... it's so they can provide everyone with the superior level of excellent service that they have become known for. Their $20 tasting fee is waived with any purchase - which is a very generous deal.

And that doesn't even begin to discuss the wine itself - which is superb. Their sparkling wines are the stuff of legends - and they have several tiers of Pinot Noir - each of which out-performs its respective price point. Their wine was rated #1 in the state in 2 of the last 3 years by Portland Monthly Magazine. No small feat.

I may be a little biased because I bring a LOT of my tours here, and they treat me like family... but Soter is making a concerted effort to stand apart from the "crowd" and have done a superb job in doing so. Plan ahead, make your appointment, and plan your day around it. You'll be glad you did. Be sure to ask them about their wine club which again, stands above the crowd in terms of benefits and events. Enjoy!

3  Thank BackcountryOregon
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Tastings by appointment only; great hospitality, and wine selection. Winery has beautiful views from this Howard Bakken designed facility. Tony Soter'swine are some of Oregon's best. You might remember Tony from his great wines at Etude in Napa. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Rick C
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Soter is easily our favorite vineyard to visit when in the valley, and to drink when at home. They produce excellent wines at a variety of price points (and each is a value at it's price point), and their Brut Rose is not to be missed.

1  Thank Chris W
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Wow!! We made an appointment for a wine tasting at Soter and I'm so glad we did. Once we made it up the hill we were greeted with a glass of rosé, which was wonderful! After taking in the beautiful views we started the tasting outside. Every wine was wonderful and it was hard to pick our favorite! The people at Soter are so warm and friendly and do a great job at making you feel welcomed. This was by far our favorite winery while visiting the Wilamette Valley!!!