“a day in wine country.”
Review of Laurel Ridge

Laurel Ridge
Ranked #6 of 28 things to do in Carlton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are one of Oregon's oldest wineries specializing hand-crafted Oregon varietals with several unique offerings you won't find from other wineries. From our Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, to Rosé and Chasslas Doré, you are sure to find something you like. Come enjoy our tasting flights, view and friendly staff!
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Laurel Ridge is a great place to visit on one of our beautiful Willamette Valley summer days. there is a great selection of wines so you won't have any trouble finding your perfect wine to take home. the facilities are fabulous for parties, weddings, or just some friend getting together for a catered lunch. The servers are the friendliest you will find anywhere. You'll want to spend the afternoon in this lovely setting...just sipping wine..

3  Thank Emilie K
There are newer reviews for Laurel Ridge

Reviewed 23 May 2013

My trip to the Laurel Ridge winery did not start out well. Although the posted hours are noon - 5:00, the tasting room was closed as the employees were on their way to lunch. I was invited to return. Not such a big deal since there are myriad other wineries around to visit, I agreed & returned a couple hours later. I'm glad I did. I spent a delightful hour with Chris Berg, the winemaker, and learned about his winemaking beyond pinot noir. He poured me a Gewurztraminer, which I usually find way too sweet. This was one was quite dry and very tasty. It didn't quite win me over to this grape but it showed how different winemakers can get diverse results from the same grape. Next up was a Riesling. It was also very dry and quite delightful. Riesling's can also be sweet but this one was light and refreshing. It would be perfect on a hot summer day in the backyard with some light food. For the reds, I tried his Tinto Roiz, the Zinfindel, and Tempranillo. I like Zins & was pleased with this one. It would probably so well with a bit of cellaring but was certainly drinkable. Of the other two, I preferred the Tinto Roiz. All in all, a great visit with Chris and his two dogs.

1  Thank maniakes
Reviewed 31 December 2006

My grandfather grew up knowing this beautiful location outside of McMinville, Oregon. His family owned this property at the turn of the 20th Century. Now, a perfect place for wine in the Willamette Valley, we held a family reunion in 2001 on the location of what is now Laurel Ridge Winery. They boast a very delicious Pinot Noir Reserve, which I highly recommend to any wine enthusiast or the occassional wine tourist.

Enjoy!