All reviews small town back porch wine tasting at home my husband and i garden room wine country willamette valley within walking distance enjoyed our stay wine industry day bed french restaurant an amazing host recommend staying here comfy bed last month
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at The Carlton Inn a couple of weeks ago. A group of us were attending a wedding in the wine country and all wanted to stay together. We hated the idea of staying in hotels, so we started looking at houses to rent. None were available to accommodate our large group. One of the places that was recommended by the bride and groom was The Carlton Inn. At first we did not want to barge in with a big huge, loud group to a nice and quaint little B&B, but in the end we were left with 2 choices, get hotel rooms or book all 4 rooms at The Carlton Inn. Man did we make the right choice!!!! The house is amazing, the rooms are adorable and comfortable, the bathrooms have all the amenities and supplies one would need, and the entire place is spotless! Heidi and Jake the doggie are great hosts and very fun to hang out with! The breakfasts are healthy, delicious and huge! You will not be unsatified with one aspect of your stay! I for one cannot wait to go back!

Room tip: The room I stayed in accomodated 3 people. 2 in a queen szed bed and 1 in a day bed. Perfect for 3! There is plenty of room!
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank meagan_sullivan
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Carlton Inn is the perfect place to stay when exploring Willamette Valley. The innkeepers, Heidi and Edward Yates, are laid back and attentive hosts, allowing one to relax completely in their home yet, at the same time, lacking nothing in terms of comfort. They are also talented cooks and know where to find amazing local fresh produce, so breakfast is always a treat! The beds are very comfortable; and the rooms are clean and have lots of natural light. Remember to ask Heidi and Edward for recommendations to local wineries and nutteries; they know a lot of the local small producers and can direct you to places that are hard to find on your own. The location is great too, you can walk 2 blocks to the shops and tasting rooms in the cute little town of Carlton, and drive to a huge number of wineries within 15 miles.

Room tip: The website has details about each room and accurate pictures.
Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank madkingx
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We had a wonderful weekend at the Carlton Inn. Heidi was a great host. It felt as comfortable as home. We stayed in the room on the main floor. It had a fresh and carefree feel to the decor. All rooms were quite spacious. We were traveling with several other couples, and we found it nice to relax on the back porch in the evening. Of course, Jake the dog was always available for petting and companionship. Good dog Jake!

The breakfast was delicious and made with fresh, local produce. Our main breakfast course was a fritatta I believe and we also had fruit, homemade yogurt, granola, o.j, etc... Quite filling.

Heidi was very accommodating for our needs and the number of couples we had at the inn. I would go back in a heartbeat and wish I was there now. Aaaah, so relaxing.

Room tip: There were three couples staying at the inn, and it was hard for us to choose a room. They were all good.
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Owner Heidi took great care of us. The bedrooms were clean and spacious and the breakfast was full of wonderful local foods prepared to perfection. Jake the Brittany Spaniel kept good guard and was happy to have all the attention we heaped on him.

If you are looking for a nice, affordable spot for your wine tasting get-away, look no further!

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I stayed at the Carlton Inn while exploring the surrounding area and wineries. Heidi was very pleasant from the time I made the reservation until I checked out. The home has a lot of character and was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and more food than I have eaten in a long time. The room was spacious and the bathroom even had a spa tub. Heidi's suggestions for dinner and which wineries to visit were very helpful and I enjoyed all of her suggestions. Great place to stay!

• Trip type: Travelled solo