All reviews small town back porch wine tasting at home my husband and i garden room wine country willamette valley within walking distance enjoyed our stay wine industry day bed french restaurant an amazing host recommend staying here comfy bed last month
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We spent a delightful and cozy evening with Heidi and her friendly Brittany, Jake. We felt so welcome and at home and our room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was delicious and Heidi makes everything from scratch (including yogurt!). So impressive. It was such fun to walk into town for dinner and Heidi was so helpful in providing us with suggestions for visiting nearby attractions. A thoroughly enjoyable stay and we will return, hopefully for more than one night!

Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I spent the Memorial Day weekend at the Carlton Inn. It had been quite a while since we stayed at a B&B, something we used to do frequently. We had a very enjoyable stay - great town, fabulous wineries, road biking opportunities in all directions. We'll definitely be doing more of this in the future!

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank BDen
Reviewed 19 May 2012

First let me start by saying I find it incredibly difficult to find a really quality place to stay that is somewhat centrally located in Oregon Wine Country. The limited accommodations book up quickly and are often sterile hotels or overly lacey bnbs. Carlton Inn was a completely different story - perfectly appointed, gracious inn keeper, and right in the thick of things. My girlfriend and I snuck away for a ladies weekend to Oregon Wine Country and were delighted when we checked into Heidi's lovely bnb. She was incredibly knowledgeable about the area and provided recommendations and tips - without seeming overly pushy - there to help not to overwhelm. She made a dinner reservation for us and called ahead to ensure they had vegetarian options for my travel buddy as well as made us one of the most memorable breakfasts I've had away from home. Her hazelnut pancake recipe is now a staple at our house. :) She's deeply invested in her local community and love that our breakfast was sourced from completely local farmers (or her own garden). I would highly recommend this destination. Must stay! Can't wait to go back again soon!

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Within walking distance of 20+ wine tasting rooms. Heidi was friendly, accomodating and an expert on all our questions about the local area. Her breakfasts are made with local produce/ingredients and impressively delicious. We also really loved the homey feel of everything, right down to their faithful dog "Jake". Stay here when you're visiting Carlton... You won't be disappointed!!

Date of stay: October 2011
2  Thank Coutures
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We had a delightful one-night stay at the Carlton Inn.

We wanted a central location so that we could explore the town in our spare time without having to drive, and this was perfect.

The back porch is a lovely location for some morning or afternoon reading with Jake the dog by your side and goldfinches buzzing around the garden.

There's a small park 1/4 mile or so down the hill where we were able to enjoy a nice morning walk off the streets.

Breakfast is simply fabulous. Homemade yogurt, local eggs and fruit, delicious muffins. Can't say enough.

Heidi is a gracious and engaging host.

Date of stay: August 2011