“ANTS!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Columbia Gorge Inn

Columbia Gorge Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cascade Locks
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The worst experience I've ever had. We checked in around 11 am and the room looked decent.. about what i expected for the price I paid. We left to do some running around and came back to find my daughters toys that had been left in the room, covered in ants. I was horrified. I immediatly went to the desk to speak with someone about the room. She was unfriendly, didnt seem to care and only offered to move us a few doors down. If it hadnt been for the fact that I couldnt get my money back, we would have stayed somewhere else. The other room was ant free however, you could tell the door had been kicked in and roughly patched. Upon departure the next morning it took several minutes just to get the deadbolt unlocked. The Shower didnt work, had to shower at my mother-in-laws place later that morning. DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE, WHO KNOWS WHATS HIDING IN YOUR ROOM.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank tiffany h

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Best value in Cascade Locks hands down! Perfect location, amazingly friendly and welcoming staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in town. Thank you Columbia Gorge Inn

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tenderfoot11
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This place is very run down. Had a reservation, checked in, checkout in 20 minutes. Found a place down the road. Would never come again and do not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Mike7721
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Rooms have seen better days....decades ago. Some good housekeeping could go a long way here. NO towels upon checkin....none. Dusty dusty dusty (see picks) - giant dust clots in corners and shower fan. 14 inch hair on wall next to sink. 2/3rds of hotel is occupied by local 'fishermen' permanently and they are not neat (see picks). Too bad, it looks like this was a 1st class spot about 25 years ago.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ohjames
columbiagorgeinn, Owner at Columbia Gorge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Thank you for your comments whether positive or negative management values your opinion.
I would like to respond to a review stating local fisherman permanently reside at the motel in two thirds of the rooms. I want to say there are no permanent residents at all that reside here at the Columbia Gorge Inn. I also realize these reviews were made a year ago. We are currently looking at all your reviews serious and have been spending a lot of time remodeling and upgrading our rooms. At this time some of the improvements we've made include new bedding and linen . Rooms have been deep cleaned and painted,new tile, toilets and fans have been placed in rooms also. we are in the process of more upgrading and will keep viewer updated.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

I don't ask for much in a budget motel, just clean rooms and a bathroom that works. This room was filthy, the toilet flushed continually all night and I had to take the cistern lid off and stuff one of my socks in it to make it stop. There's a small town just over the river called Stevenson that has some other motels. Don't stay here! Also at 85 dollars it was WAY over priced, I wouldn't pay 8.50 for this dump.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rogergray1965
Reviewed 17 August 2010

just stayed there a couple das ago... this place has permanent guests (homeless?) and totally took over this place. (very noisy!) the room was OK and cheap but I don't think I'll stay again.

Reviewed 5 June 2010

Very reasonable priced, clean, nice beds, views. Bathrooms are small but adequate. Is privately owned so don't expect big chain type service and efficency... but not bad. Wise to call ahead and reserve.. as definitely best deal in Cascade Locks. Call before arrival as well to assure room reservation. Upper rooms have better views as you would expect. I've been there several times so my opinions have been throughly tested. Good for stopover and short visit. It's not the Ritz but comfortable and slept well, Linen is cut above in my opinion. Was $59 for me. It would just make sense that it might cost more for two adults. They have refrigerators and microwaves. It's a humble motel - Go to Best Western if you want everything perfect (and want to pay twice as much!) .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Parkersville Inn & Suites

Been to Columbia Gorge Inn? Share your experiences!