“Not As Bad As I Thought”
Review of Columbia Gorge Inn

Columbia Gorge Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cascade Locks
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Based on the reviews, I thought this would be my worst stay in Oregon. Maybe my low expectations raised my own experience. Here are my Pros and Cons:

Pros:

Price: I paid $118 total for a double queen on a weekend night in high-season late August.

Room: My room had modern bedding and a sink/large mirror outside the bathroom.

Adjacent Restaurant: Serves a nice breakfast and will give you a 10 percent discount if you mention the hotel.

Cons:

Outer Shabbiness: The outside of the hotel needs a facelift, and the staff needs to clean the cobwebs in the outer railings.

Shower: The Shower is a drain in the floor with a curtain (very European!). We found to our surprise, though, that the showerhead was excellent and the bathroom did not get wet as we expected.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jaelynne

Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel, kind manager, but thought it was a little closer to the freeway.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank skinzer1
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The worst experience I've ever had. We checked in around 11 am and the room looked decent.. about what i expected for the price I paid. We left to do some running around and came back to find my daughters toys that had been left in the room, covered in ants. I was horrified. I immediatly went to the desk to speak with someone about the room. She was unfriendly, didnt seem to care and only offered to move us a few doors down. If it hadnt been for the fact that I couldnt get my money back, we would have stayed somewhere else. The other room was ant free however, you could tell the door had been kicked in and roughly patched. Upon departure the next morning it took several minutes just to get the deadbolt unlocked. The Shower didnt work, had to shower at my mother-in-laws place later that morning. DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE, WHO KNOWS WHATS HIDING IN YOUR ROOM.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank tiffany h
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Best value in Cascade Locks hands down! Perfect location, amazingly friendly and welcoming staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in town. Thank you Columbia Gorge Inn

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tenderfoot11
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This place is very run down. Had a reservation, checked in, checkout in 20 minutes. Found a place down the road. Would never come again and do not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Mike7721
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Rooms have seen better days....decades ago. Some good housekeeping could go a long way here. NO towels upon checkin....none. Dusty dusty dusty (see picks) - giant dust clots in corners and shower fan. 14 inch hair on wall next to sink. 2/3rds of hotel is occupied by local 'fishermen' permanently and they are not neat (see picks). Too bad, it looks like this was a 1st class spot about 25 years ago.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ohjames
columbiagorgeinn, Owner at Columbia Gorge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Thank you for your comments whether positive or negative management values your opinion.
I would like to respond to a review stating local fisherman permanently reside at the motel in two thirds of the rooms. I want to say there are no permanent residents at all that reside here at the Columbia Gorge Inn. I also realize these reviews were made a year ago. We are currently looking at all your reviews serious and have been spending a lot of time remodeling and upgrading our rooms. At this time some of the improvements we've made include new bedding and linen . Rooms have been deep cleaned and painted,new tile, toilets and fans have been placed in rooms also. we are in the process of more upgrading and will keep viewer updated.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

I don't ask for much in a budget motel, just clean rooms and a bathroom that works. This room was filthy, the toilet flushed continually all night and I had to take the cistern lid off and stuff one of my socks in it to make it stop. There's a small town just over the river called Stevenson that has some other motels. Don't stay here! Also at 85 dollars it was WAY over priced, I wouldn't pay 8.50 for this dump.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Skamania Lodge
Skamania Lodge
#1 of 4 in Stevenson

Been to Columbia Gorge Inn? Share your experiences!