“Ok place ”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cascade Locks
Portland, Oregon
“Ok place ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

In the little town of cascade locks, Columbia gorge inn works if u are looking for a cheap motel. Yes some people will leave n not think its worth the money. It is not a new or nice motel. They are working on fixing the outside. It fits the needs of what u need, bed, bathroom, microwave, tv, shower. Heater n air conditioning. Nice people. Very quite at times. If u want a good hotel n are willing to dish out some money best western and bridge of the gods RV n hotel are right up the street. The hotel is older which is fine. Yes it has some issues but what hotel n motel doesn't. Very clean room. Yes there was old furniture. But it works if u are being picky about the little things look at other places in the little town. I will be back again. I like the fact that the small diner n grocery store and all the stores are on the same road. U will not find big stores around in the little town. The toilet flushes just fine. For the shower to get hot all u have to do is turn on the sink on the other side of the wall n wait for the hot water to go thru the pipes. U got to remember they are in the valley of the mountains. The water will be icey cold. Didn't have any problems with ants, door security or people bugging me. And I am a single woman. It is in a short ways from the freeway more towards the end of the Main Street. I didn't hear cars going by from the freeway at night or during the day. Only the train n the train is no where near the motel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dcbabes433

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and i stayed here on fathers day. 2013 we had called around for a hotel that allowed animals since we had bella our dog the other hotels were very expensive and then i called here the woman that checked us in was very sweet and accomadating and personable we liked her, our room was very clean with new paint and new carpet, the bed was very comfortable and had wonderful linens (soft) the shower was unusual but was very relaxing, shower head was awesome there were friendly folks that stayed there but i dont think they lived there. The hotel is undergoing a facelift on the outside as well as the inside. We loved the close proximity to the town and the park where the locks were located overall a very nice stay and we will be back for sure the ice cream and burger stand were VERY delicious a must try

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank d2velmire
Stanfield, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

First noticed that the Bathroom floor was DIRTY, then found broken glass, the toilet would run after you flushed, then found that the floor in the bedroom area apparently had not been vacuumed. When we checked out, I shared this info with the front desk - letting them know someone had not cleaned appropriatedly - hoping that was not what they might expect from their employees. A man came to the rooms as we were leaving and shouted at me that I had no compassion when there was only one person to clean. That is not my business either rooms s/b clean or take them off the market. This is absolutly the first review that I have posted - stating the stay was TERRIBLE!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Cooper1941

Travellers are raving about these Cascade Locks hotels

Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Creepy on the outside, toilet didn't flush. We were moved to another room which the key would not work. While walking to our room we noticed that much of the doors looked as though someone had broken into them. The doorknobs were also loose. We felt as if we had stayed there it would have compromised our safety.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 917Karen
Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Based on the reviews, I thought this would be my worst stay in Oregon. Maybe my low expectations raised my own experience. Here are my Pros and Cons:

Pros:

Price: I paid $118 total for a double queen on a weekend night in high-season late August.

Room: My room had modern bedding and a sink/large mirror outside the bathroom.

Adjacent Restaurant: Serves a nice breakfast and will give you a 10 percent discount if you mention the hotel.

Cons:

Outer Shabbiness: The outside of the hotel needs a facelift, and the staff needs to clean the cobwebs in the outer railings.

Shower: The Shower is a drain in the floor with a curtain (very European!). We found to our surprise, though, that the showerhead was excellent and the bathroom did not get wet as we expected.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jaelynne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel, kind manager, but thought it was a little closer to the freeway.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank skinzer1
olympia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

The worst experience I've ever had. We checked in around 11 am and the room looked decent.. about what i expected for the price I paid. We left to do some running around and came back to find my daughters toys that had been left in the room, covered in ants. I was horrified. I immediatly went to the desk to speak with someone about the room. She was unfriendly, didnt seem to care and only offered to move us a few doors down. If it hadnt been for the fact that I couldnt get my money back, we would have stayed somewhere else. The other room was ant free however, you could tell the door had been kicked in and roughly patched. Upon departure the next morning it took several minutes just to get the deadbolt unlocked. The Shower didnt work, had to shower at my mother-in-laws place later that morning. DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE, WHO KNOWS WHATS HIDING IN YOUR ROOM.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Columbia Gorge Inn? Share your experiences!