“We got CLAW-ed (Cascade Locks Ale House)”
Review of Pacific Crest Pub - CLOSED

Pacific Crest Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Medford, Oregon
“We got CLAW-ed (Cascade Locks Ale House)”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I were headed out to Skamania Lodge and decided to stop in Cascade Locks for lunch. Right down from Bridge-of-The-Gods we found the Pacific Crest Pub--now called Cascade Locks Ale House (CLAW). The owners seemed new (which I Iater learned they are) but our waitress was hustling and was friendly and always moving. My wife had the Blond Ale and I tried a local Amber Ale. I had the burger with the bacon,egg and cheese, which was very good--and my wife had this spend-y-but-GORGE-ous-pizza! We enjoyed the rest of that pizza later that evening. The place also has a rich pictoral history of the GORGE area on the walls of the joint! I would definitely come back here while traveling through the area, but they are going to need more than that one hustling waitress to keep customers coming back!

• Visited August 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Stopped by for a cold beer and some hearty food”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Good, cold beer here at Cascade Locks Ale House. We also enjoyed the chili and the salmon chowder! Service was a bit slow, but the food and beer were good.

• Visited July 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“New owners, new name, not impressed”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Eating choices in Cascade Locks are slim and none. We had eaten in Stevenson, WA the previous night and didn't want to cross the bridge again for dinner. What a mistake. This "ale house" has a very limited menu...burgers, sandwiches, hoagies, pizza. I was hungry for chicken strip tenders. The only option was a hoagie with baked chicken strips. So I has a Philly Cheese Steak and fries. The fries were great. The Philly was ordered requesting no peppers, that didn't happen. It was greasy as well. My wife ordered the nachos. She got a large platter of Tostitos with diced tomato and melted shredded cheese. Very bland. She did say hold the black olives and they did.
The place seemed to be a drinking spot for the loud locals sitting at the bar.

• Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Wow…much room for improvement needed with the staffing and service of this place! We spent one night in Cascade Locks after touring the Columbia river gorge and the hotel recommended this place…keep in mind there are only a handful of restaurants in this town and not many good choices (Hood River a much better place to dine!). The service was hands-down some of the WORST I’ve ever had…although I will express a slight bit of sympathy as I think the server we had was new. But that was not the only issue. Took forever to get anyone to acknowledge our presence and we were finally told to sit where we want…had to go get our own menus, and took forever to get waited on. The food was actually pretty good, no complaints there…good chef salad and pulled pork. But the waitress seemed incredibly baffled when asked for a glass to pour a beer into (It’s a brew pub…really? No one ever wants a beer in a glass…what!?!)…and she seemed equally baffled by a request for extra napkins. Several tables including ours were waited on before the wait staff realized the table behind us which arrived at the same time we did NEVER got helped. And at the end of the meal we had to walk up to the bar and practically beg for our tab so we could get out of there…not a good experience. If you stay in Cascade Locks, make sure you eat in Hood River or even Gresham as there are many more selections.

• Visited June 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Pizza and beer hit the spot”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Tired and hungry from a day touring the waterfalls and Bonneville Dam we stopped in here for a late lunch/early dinner. The waitress was helpful and friendly. My husband tried a local beer which had too strong a taste for me. We shared an enormous salad. which was a bit heavy on the olives, and a 10" veggie pizza. The pizza was hot and crisp and tasty, but would have been better had they omitted the onions as we requested. We loved the atmosphere. Obviously most of the other customers who bellied up to the bar for late afternoon libations were locals, known to each other and the waitress. It was a nice change from the usual tourist trap. Take a look at the pictures in the hallway by the restrooms. They show the gorge before the dam was built, and are fascinating.

• Visited June 2013