“Great day sturgeon fishing with my son”

Always Catchin' Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Always Catchin’ is a fully licensed and insured guide service providing Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon fishing trips on the Columbia and Willamette Rivers, from Portland to the Johnday River. Guided Fishing Trips Make great gifts and an excellent adventure for family and friends.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I took my son and my nephew out with Jess for a day of sturgeon fishing below Willamette Falls and we had a great time. Jess really knows the river and took great care of us. A very safe and enjoyable trip. Wonderful memories and the boys are still talking about it. Looking forward to a salmon and shad trip soon!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jess Z, Owner at Always Catchin' Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thanks guys for going fishing with me this spring. Catching sturgeon is always a good time and even better with people like you. Thanks for coming out and hope to see you again. Jess

There are newer reviews for Always Catchin' Fishing Charters

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a wonderful day sturgeon fishing with Jess, who is a kind, knowledgeable and fun fishing guide. He took the time to share information about the fish, techniques & even history of the area. If you are looking for a great fishing guide & gorgeous scenery in the Columbia River Gorge/Cascade Locks/Hood River & plenty of fish to catch--this is the place to go! We caught 8 28"-36" sturgeon fishing one day with Always Catchin' Fishing Charters--and we would definitely go back to fish with Jess again! Awesome experience!

It is always good to hear that people are having a good time with us. I pride myself in give that great costumer serves with excellent fishing. Thanks for coming out I really enjoyed meeting you guys. Jess

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a great time fishing for sturgeon with Jess! He was very knowledgeable about how to catch sturgeon and was very familiar with the river! There was not a restroom on the boat, but Jess would take us to the shore anytime we needed to use it. We will definitely be returning to Oregon to fish with Jess again! Definitely recommend this company for fishing trips!

Wow you guys where great fun to have on the boat. I sure do enjoy hearing you had a great time on the river it keep me excited for the next trip. Hope you guys had a great tip and we would love to see you out for Salmon some time. Jess

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The highlight of our stay at Skamania Lodge (which itself is a great place to stay) was our fishing trip with Jess. I got a great feeling just during the process of arranging the trip since Jess was so responsive and helpful with his suggestions. He took care of my family, paying particular attention to our two kids, and even provided a heater when my wife started getting chilly. Jess knew exactly where the fish were -- we caught 12 sturgeon within 3 hours!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jess Z, Owner at Always Catchin' Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

It is very exciting for me to see people having a great time on the river. I had a lot of fun fishing with you guys and hope you come out with us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband did extensive research of fishing guides in the Columbia River Gorge/Cascade Locks/Hood River area before we left for our trip to Stevenson WA's Skamania Lodge in September 2012. Since he had never fished for sturgeon, we booked a few days with Jess and my husband could not have been more pleased with him. Jess put him on quite a few sturgeon in one day; my husband hooked 7, one of them being over 200 lbs and 7 feet long. One day was specifically salmon fishing and my husband enjoyed that also. We found his fees to be very reasonable and we absolutely recommend him to anyone who enjoys fishing. You will not be disappointed!

Jess Z, Owner at Always Catchin' Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for both your patronage and for posting such generous comments regarding your fishing trip. We work very hard to ensure that we please wonderful customers like you. Thank you for validating that we are accomplishing that goal.