Cascade Locks KOA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$162
US$141
Columbia Gorge Inn(Cascade Locks)
US$92
US$87
RodewayInn
US$132
  • Restaurant
Westcliff Lodge(Hood River)(Great Value!)
US$105
Columbia Gorge Hotel(Hood River)(Great Value!)
US$219
Hotwire.com
US$203
US$197
Cascade Motel(Cascade Locks)
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed in a cabin here while visiting Hood river. The bathrooms were clean - they are cleaned between 1-3:00 . There was also a handicapped bathroom which was locked, but we could see people using it - so they must have had the combination - not really fair as that bathroom was really close to our cabin and much more private. There is a pancake breakfast on the weekend - really great pancakes - but they charged an extra $1 for 2 pieces of bacon and another $1 for a small juice. So bring your own drink. We enjoyed meeting and talking with the other campers. This campsite I close to the steamboat ride and the dairy queen in town is close but really busy. And yes, there are trains that run behind the campground and keep blowing their whistles- our cabin was not near the fence- so it wasn't a big deal for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have read a bunch a of reviews that say the facilities are bad and the trains are unbearable - That is not the experience we had at all. I found the facilities very well maintained. The shower partitions were brand new white really thick hard plastic, and the raised material on the floor seemed new-ish and the tile underneath looked ok. The pool area, spa and playground were well maintained and pleasant to use. There was an arcade room that had a kitchenette and the fridge and microwave were both unplugged so that was weird. We stayed in a Kabin and it was very clean and comfortable and both windows functioned correctly.

As for the trains, yes they come almost right through the camp, and the whistles blow at both edges, but not as they are right at the camp. So I never had an issue with the noise and found the clackety-clack as it went by relaxing. I can see, however that if your camp spot is at one of the two far corners it might be unbearable. Our campsite was right in the middle near the office. The cackling women across from us talking loud and laughing at everything were far more annoying than the trains. And the trains never woke me up at night.

Using the campground as a base to go see all the waterfalls and eat at the Multnomah lodge was a very convenient location.

Room Tip: Stay in the center of the camp to avoid the train noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because we wanted to visit Portland and couldn't get anything close to the city with our tiny trailer. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The all you can eat pancake breakfast on weekends is a fantastic deal. The bathrooms were so-so but at least there were hot showers with lots if water pressure. There were tons of families with kids that took advantage of the pool and playground. I'm a heavy sleeper so the trains didn't keep me up all night, but they are VERY loud so I wouldn't recommend light sleepers stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Cabin was expensive for the area and all the lack of sleep, due to the noisy train at night. Why stay there when you can drive up the road 5 miles and have a nice quiet hotel with a bathroom. We know how to camp and rough it. So this was a joke... They should of paid us to stay there.
Thank goodness I bring earplugs everywhere I go.
The area is pretty and a nice place to visit during the day. Don't plan on getting any sleep at night.
The cabin was basic, Not set up like other KOA's that had microwaves, bed linen,towels ect.
Do your research in this area before picking this KOA.
Happy Trails

Room Tip: Keep driving, or bring ear plugs..... Do your homework on the area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This KOA was very nice, lots of cabins, amenities, etc. We tent camped and were very pleased with the sized and quality of the sites. With that being said, there is a train track that runs right along the rear of the campground. I think the conductors delight in making as much loud noise as humanly possible, and they must have been very happy the night we camped there. Every hour a train came rolling through, and laid on the horn the WHOLE way, waking me up. Just as I was getting back to sleep, another one was coming. It was a long night.

Room Tip: Stay as close to the road as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple