“Very nice place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Central Point
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

This holiday inn is one nice place. Staff was awesome and extremely helpfull with everything. Very clean hotel. Located in an area where I can walk for mostly anything, food wise. Will stay here again when in the area, would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank stlrzfn1
MFRCP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Central Point! It's always a pleasure helping others and we look forward to serving you again the next time you find yourself in the Medford area! Thank you and travel safely.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This property is sandwiched between Interstate 5 and a truck stop, so there is some noise going on outside, but it didn't intrude into the room with the window closed. Clean room, comfortable bed, adequate breakfast, and a killer price on Hotwire. If you just need a nights sleep and a shower in the morning, this works.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill H
Brooks M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Bill! We're glad you got a good night's sleep at our hotel. Also, we're glad you found our beds comfortable, the room clean, and liked our breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Seems like quite a new hotel. Everything seems to work. This is just what we expect from a HIE. Despite being right by the I-5, with the Interstate on one side and a large truck stop on the other, the room was very quiet indeed. We slept well and breakfast was good in a nice big breakfast lounge. Pity we were only there for one night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John_W_UK
MFRCP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to share your delightful experience. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you travel through the area. I can’t wait to share this feedback with our entire staff.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I missed my flight because this hotel not only failed to set up my requested cab ride to the airport, it was unable to set up another ride for 40 minutes. I was only 1.5 miles from the airport. It was agony trying to deal with Eddie, the only staff member on watch, because he was so unconcerned about the situation. I finally got him to try some other cab companies but by then it was too late. My experience is that the employees at this hotel are incompetent and apathetic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie C
MFRCP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, this is the feedback we need to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. The candid comments are a welcome opportunity for us to improve. I have discussed your experience with our staff and management team, as we all share the vision of providing the best guest experience possible. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments and we hope that the next time you are in the area we have the opportunity to make you stay award winning.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here to be near the airport for an early morning departure, after a long road trip where we'd been guests in others' homes for days. The Holiday Inn Express was exactly what the doctor ordered. The room (queen suite) was very spacious, with a nice small sofa and comfortable accent chair. The bathroom was large and impeccably clean. The beds were extremely comfortable, with a choice of firm or soft pillows. We heard absolutely no noise from people or machinery outside our room, which was lovely for much needed rest. The air conditioner and ventilation did an excellent job during very smoky air quality conditions. The breakfast buffet was good, our bill was prepared and under our door plenty early. All in all, very pleased indeed. My only tiny complaint was that the knob on one of the lamps was missing, so it couldn't be turned on. I didn't report it and have the feeling it would have been corrected promptly if I had.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rubbiecat
MFRCP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Excellent – thank you so much for staying with the Holiday Inn Express Central Point and sharing your experience. I am glad to read that you had a good stay and I hope that you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here one night on the way to Seattle and one night on the return. When we first checked in, I was not aware that the room had no fridge (one of the few HI where you have to book a suite to get a fridge). The desk clerk - Jak - said she could put a fridge in my room and adjust my future stays to indicate that requirement. She had that fridge in the room within a few minutes! Then on the return trip, there was a horrendous pounding coming from the second floor. This time, Eddie was on the front desk. He patiently tried to stop the noise with a couple of calls, then went upstairs to find it was 1 little girl sounding as though she was a wrecking ball coming through the ceiling. the noise stopped and he adjusted my rate 'for the inconvenience' - he offered, it was not something I requested. I have traveled around the world (retired travel agent) and rarely encountered such accommodating hotel employees. They even did a follow-up call to my room to see if there was anything else we needed. These two employees are a great example of excellent customer service and deserve a pat on the back. As far as the hotel, clean room, good location (a nearby diner has pretty good food and is walking distance), good breakfasts. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frmrtvlagt
MFRCP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am honored by your loyalty. I also want to thank you for sending me an email as well as sharing comments on TripAdvisor regarding Jak and Eddie; I shared those comments with our entire staff and it was very up lifting. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. I hope that the next time you are in town, we have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you!!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel and room were very clean and modern. Small, but nice swimming pool and hot tub, breakfast was nice, but prefer waffle maker to automated plastic pancake maker. Staff was friendly and courteous and also provided a complimentary USA Today.

• Stayed: July 2013
MFRCP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

I appreciate you taking the write about your delightful experience. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement. We look forward to the opportunity to your return visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Central Point
#17 of 35 in Medford
Rogue Regency Inn
Rogue Regency Inn
#10 of 35 in Medford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medford-Central Point? Share your experiences!