“Will stay again”

Captain John's Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at the Captain John's Motel in Charleston and found it to be excellent value for money. We made and paid for our room online, that made the check-in process very easy and quick. The room was clean and all the service people were nice. Room was very acceptable for the price. Would recommend and would stay again. Compare all of the condition, just good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chiayi_Taiwan_

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Me my step son and my husband
stayed at caption jhons
For a room that was filthy. Very well used
The bed did Not go with the frame.
I had walked by and do to the bedspread I did not see the rusty screw and post sticking out and had cut my ankle open
And smelled mildew for 2 days
they do not want to give up a different
Room they mite need to clean
This was supposed to be a good vacation for me because I have not had 1 in over 4 years

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank jgann
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Ga! Depressing. Like being caught in a 1970's cheap hotel that hasn’t changed, but just gotten shabbier as the decades have gone by. The room was NOT at an acceptable rate of cleanliness, the decor was awful and chintzy. The only good thing about it would be the location. For those who are crabbing/clamming, it’s just a walk across the street to the water, berry bushes, and a little further is the small town with some cute shops. But there has to be somewhere better to stay. The RV part has a facility for cleaning fish or clams which is pretty convenient for fisherman.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank sweetiestace16
Reviewed 24 January 2011

this motel has bed bugs, I was bitten. the rooms are discusting and fithly. we will never stay their again

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank thomas4050
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We actually stayed at this motel during Christmas 2009. We accidentally left some items in one of the dresser drawers, monetary worth about $35. When contacted about these items, the owner said she had them and we should send "cash" of $5 to have her mail them to us. We did this and they pocketed the cash but kept the items. We phoned numerous times regarding the missing items and she claims she never got the $5. We put a return address on the envelope and inside the envelope but never received it back. Dishonest owner kept items AND $5 sent!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MLBonsi
Reviewed 1 October 2010

keep moving, we went to the next town, and demanded a refund. did not stay the night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank denful
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We have stayed at this hotel for weekend visits for over 20 years. We have also taken family, and recommened this hotel to many of our friends due to its low price and great location. However, due to what happened on our last visit-Sept 17-19, 2010- we will no longer consider staying here. At 8:30 A.M. on Sunday morning a man entered our room,without knocking, or any other type of warning. Needless to say, we were both asleep in bed. What makes this even worse is that during the night my demure nightie had riden up around my waist, and was no longer decently covering my backside. I, of course was was asleep and ignorant of this fact while-YOU GUESSED IT- on my side with my backside to the door. Talk about mortified. My husband told "Jen", the owner at the front desk, and the only response was "oh, sorry" . We were told by the maid that the man in our room was the owner's husband. We remain mystified as to why he would enter our room, as checkout time is 11:00, our car was parked directly in front of our door, [the only car around was ours] and we had not turned in our keys or signed our credit card slip. As an owner, you would think he'd know better. So, even though we put up with crumbling curtains, burnt out bulbs and less than clean walls all for the sake of a good price and great location, this was the deal breaker.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank tlmarsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
17 mi away
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to Captain John's Motel? Share your experiences!