“A Fabulous Little Place”

Melitas Motel & Cafe
Melitas Motel & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chiloquin
Redwood City, California
“A Fabulous Little Place”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

It seems quite rare these days to find a genuine family restaurant, based upon community, good service, and great food. (I did not actually stay in the motel, I merely ate in the restaurant several times throughout my visit to Chiloquin). I was in town staying with an old family friend, and she brought me several times to eat at Melitas. We had a blast! I believe out of all the items on the menu, the burgers had to be my favorite, although the steak was a close second. And as a lifelong fan of potatoes of the mashed variety, I am pleased to say that my rather high standards were met with their mashed potatoes. The homemade chocolate cream pie was absolutely to die for! But perhaps even more enjoyable than the food itself was how personable the staff was. They were extremely friendly and, depending on how busy the restaurant was, would periodically come over to say hello. The owners would sometimes be in the restaurant as well, and we had several conversations with them; both were very funny and courteous.
An interesting aspect of Melitas was how innovative they were. The waitresses, instead of simply writing down orders on a pad of paper, used iphones. Apparently there is some sort of app that they may have even developed that would bring up a menu for them, which was quite as efficient as simply writing down the orders (and certainly wasted less paper). I suppose they're quite environmentally friendly. It was rather a surprising thing to find in a small town restaurant, especially considering I have never seen such methods used in larger, busier restaurants in the big cities.
Melitas was a satisfying blend of delicious food and great service. It's a good place to stop for the night for anyone driving through Oregon. If I ever stay in Chiloquin again, I know the first place I'll stop to eat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Annie C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiloquin
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls
#6 of 6 in Klamath Falls
Super 8 Klamath Falls
Super 8 Klamath Falls
#19 of 22 in Klamath Falls

Been to Melitas Motel & Cafe? Share your experiences!