“Get the onion rings and fried chicken”

Melitas Motel & Cafe
Melitas Motel & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chiloquin
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you like fried food, you will do just fine with this menu. The onion rings were excellent and the southern fried chicken was quite good. It was on the bone and it was at least a half a chicken, cut into four pieces. My husband had a burger which was just ok. My salad was wilted and brown but the blue cheese dressing was nice. My baked potato was HUGE. The veggies were overcooked, just like my Irish mom used to make 'em :) I would recommend sticking to deep fried foods here. And baked potatoes.

Added bonus was the double rainbow right outside the window as west down to order.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mairead O

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had lunch today at Melita's Cafe. Kind of old and funky, but the food and service excellent. We both had burgers, one with homemade potato chips, and the other with hand cut French fries. We both really enjoyed lunch. AaAlso, it's always good to see "locals" dining along with us travelers. It tells me it's a good place to eat!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HarveySm
Reviewed 9 July 2013

If you are looking for a good place to stay while recreating in that area, Melitas is just right. The food is good, service is friendly and the rooms are acceptable for the price. If you are looking ofr the 5 star experience in Chiloquin, good luck, it does not exist.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We (my family and I)did not stay at the motel, but happened to come across Melita's Cafe for breakfast...We were very happy we did! The food was delicious, they had a great selection to choose from on the menu with decent prices! Would definately recommend eating here!

Room Tip: I'm not too sure about the rooms...we mentioned it and a local said " I wouldnt recommend M...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MyOpynyn
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The Food was cold and undercooked the service was terrible to say the least and the so called owner was drunk and belligerent and not to mention rude. The rooms are severly lacking, the obly redeeming feature was leaving.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Unhhappy
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed at the motel which one would guess was built prior to 1940s. It was clean and provided the essentials for an overnight but nothing more. Showed the wear of lots of years but management obviously have worked to keep it up. Liked the fact that there were carports for the motorcycles although one had to make sure the bikes side stands would not sink into the gravel. Looked like a hunter may have plucked a duck in the carport I was in due to the abundance of feathers. Very helpful staff at both motel and cafe. Food at the cafe was satisfactory and service was as well.

Room Tip: I think the rooms with car ports on the south end of the property may be older then on the north end...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gwwing
Reviewed 3 September 2011

It seems quite rare these days to find a genuine family restaurant, based upon community, good service, and great food. (I did not actually stay in the motel, I merely ate in the restaurant several times throughout my visit to Chiloquin). I was in town staying with an old family friend, and she brought me several times to eat at Melitas. We had a blast! I believe out of all the items on the menu, the burgers had to be my favorite, although the steak was a close second. And as a lifelong fan of potatoes of the mashed variety, I am pleased to say that my rather high standards were met with their mashed potatoes. The homemade chocolate cream pie was absolutely to die for! But perhaps even more enjoyable than the food itself was how personable the staff was. They were extremely friendly and, depending on how busy the restaurant was, would periodically come over to say hello. The owners would sometimes be in the restaurant as well, and we had several conversations with them; both were very funny and courteous.
An interesting aspect of Melitas was how innovative they were. The waitresses, instead of simply writing down orders on a pad of paper, used iphones. Apparently there is some sort of app that they may have even developed that would bring up a menu for them, which was quite as efficient as simply writing down the orders (and certainly wasted less paper). I suppose they're quite environmentally friendly. It was rather a surprising thing to find in a small town restaurant, especially considering I have never seen such methods used in larger, busier restaurants in the big cities.
Melitas was a satisfying blend of delicious food and great service. It's a good place to stop for the night for anyone driving through Oregon. If I ever stay in Chiloquin again, I know the first place I'll stop to eat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Annie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiloquin
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls
Crater Lake Inn & Retreat
Crater Lake Inn & Retreat
#2 of 2 in Chiloquin
Lonesome Duck Ranch & Resort

Been to Melitas Motel & Cafe? Share your experiences!