“Good for the stay”

Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Location: I had trouble finding it because there were no big signs that I could see. I drove by it twice ,using GPS, before I saw it. I forgot the exit number but it's next to I-205. Getting on and off I-205 is easy.
Checking in-Whoever I had was very nice and fast. I was guided to my room by the women cleaning and servicing the rooms. They were very nice to me.
Parking: OK-in front of the hotel. I had to park on the side of the hotel once in my 2 days staying there. The one perk to parking on the side was that where I parked was closer to the door than all of the places I parked in front.
Room-Only a 2 bed room was available for just me. The room was big enough of course. I slept well on the bed. TV-I tried to connect AV cables to the back/side and it took several attempts at messing with the TV and remote to get it to work. I don't remember the number of stations but there was Lodgenet. Internet speed was wireless and fine.
Exercise-Hand weights, 1 treadmill, 1 exercise bike, 1 elliptical.
Laundry-From my peak in the door, it looked like 1 washer and dryer.
Pool-It exists and can be seen from the hall.
Breakfast-Good. I was told at checkin that breakfast was NOT complementary and you had to pay at the Bistro place inside. I skipped breakfast and got food in town. If I would have done my research, I would've picked somewhere else but other than that, the stay was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Checked into the hotel and the staff was nice. I checked into my room and the first thing that I noticed was it had no refrigerator. The comfort of the bed was just average. The bathroom sink had a absolutely vile smell, something is very wrong with the drain lines. The room had nothing special and was very basic. This is a dated property and the rooms need updated. The breakfast is your typical bad Marriott meal that you have to pay for. I can get far better value for my money and I will not be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I love this hotel - stay here often to visit my grandchild BUT I HATE the way they raise their prices in the summer. It's a ripoff. For the price they charge in the summer, there should be a view or breakfast or SOMETHING.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The property has a worn appearance except in the newly renovated lobby. WiFi signal is weak and spotty. Both of our rooms had appliances w/obvious structural damage. Staff are pleasant, but not very quick or competent. No real incentive to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Like some of the other comments, this is located just south of the airport off the freeway. Easy to get in and out and not too far from downtown. I am not a big fan of the wall unit heat/AC (oh, and please clean the filter). Hard to gauge the right temperature. However, loud enough to drown out the sound of the freeway. You have a lot of food choice nearby, shopping right next door. The staff was friendly but no special upgrades/etc by being a Gold rewards member. I would have stayed downtown but the hotels were all booked. The pool and hot tub are indoors. The workout room is small but has 3 diff cardio equipment in good shape.

Room Tip: away from the freeway
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Several stays at this Courtyard which isn't my most favorite in the Portland area. It's not bad, though. Location is good -- right off freeway and spitting distance from Clackamas Town Center mall and a bunch of strip malls, restaurants, etc. Good base camp for lots of activities in the area and less than 90 minutes to Mount Hood.

This is an older Courtyard that's had what I consider an incomplete renovation. Basically clean but you can see some sloppy maintenance. Hotel dining is best done at one of the nearby restaurants. Very friendly staff. Parking is a crap shoot. If you get in late in the day prepare for a little walk and I wish the lot was lit a little better. Basically, it's an OK place but not one you'd call a friend gushing about.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel as we were traveling through Portland. I liked the location since it was right off the 205 freeway but still very quiet. Room on the 4th floor was clean and quiet. Pool was warm, clean, and plenty of towels to use. Check in and check out were uncomplicated and the staff were friendly and professional. Plenty of restaurants near by and the hotel itself has a nice restaurant. I recommend this hotel for the price and location. I think you will be happy with the accomidations as I have been.

Room Tip: ask for a top floor in the back of property
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel

Been to Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas? Share your experiences!