“very friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clackamas
Eugene, OR
“very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2007

This was a great hotel, the staff was very friendly. The front desk was very polite and even called up to our room to ask how everything was. This hotel was perfect and in a great location, walking distance to Clackamas Town Center, and a variety of restaurants. We will definitly stay here the next time we are in the Clackamas area.

• Liked — the bed, it was almost as comfortable as my own
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kriss149

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2006

Our family needed a place to stay for three nights while our floors were being refinished. Using TripAdvisor comments, I picked the Marriott Courtyard at Clackamas, and was quite happy with the experience.

We got exactly what we requested: two adjoining rooms, with refrigerator. One room had a king bed, sofa and coffee table. The other had two queens, an easy chair and a balcony. Both rooms had a good-sized desk with swivel office chair. The rooms were large and pleasant. Check-in was speedy and cheerful. Parking was easy. We were greeted by the front desk staff, coming and going. The hotel seemed to have plenty of business, but was quiet nonetheless.

Internet access was as easy as it comes. Each room had wired and wireless access both, with no codes to enter.

The indoor pool was pleasant and just the right temperature. The indoor hot tub was just hot enough. The 'business center" had a working printer.

I made special requests of the front desk and of housekeeping, and was pleased with the results. I had a maintenance issue - an inoperative room heater - and a pair of pleasant fellows came and fixed it within an hour from my reporting it.

We had breakfast at the hotel, although $10 for the breakfast buffet seemed expensive for what you got. We did not use the hotel for dinner, but instead went to the chains within easy walking distance: The Spaghetti Factory, Chevy's and Red Robin. The hotel is close to the steady drone of the I-205 freeway, but the street the hotel is on, Sunnybrook, is relatively quiet.

A fine hotel experience, and there were no surprises on the bill.

• Liked — Quiet rooms, friendly staff, no surprises
  • Disliked — Water pressure in the shower varied more than I'd like
  • Tips/Secrets — Standard rooms don't come with a fridge, but they''ll move one in on request
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank llanepdx
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

I booked a room at the Courtyard Marriott for a one-night's stay because I was going to be in Portland late and didn't want to drive back to Salem as sleepy as I was. I booked this a week in advance. I would not be arriving to the hotel until around 4-5am and I called the hotel twice that week and spoke to two separate people to confirm that it would be alright to arrive at this time and only be charged for one night. I was assured by both individuals that this would be fine.

I got to the hotel around 4:15am, extremely tired, and was told that all their rooms were taken. I explained my situation and there was nothing they could do but farm me out to another hotel.

They sent me to the Oxford Suites, which I had to drive a ways to get to, and the only room they had was a smoking room which smelled disgusting. I also had to listen to my neighbor throwing up for a couple hours. The staff there was polite, but couldn't help me.

I am currently having conversations with the general manager at Courtyard Marriott to make sure they only charge me for one night (I was only there for about 10 hours anyway, not even a full night's stay). I also have asked that they not charge me the full price of a whole night since I was sent to a lesser quality hotel.

They are in talks with Expedia to try and arrange this. So, in short, I do not know how the actual lodgings rate but the service does not rate very highly in my book. Also, hotel is right off the highway. Seems a bit noisy.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Tips/Secrets — Book ahead.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sapateif
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2006

We stayed 3 nights so we could attend a family wedding. We liked everything with a few exceptions. 1. The jacuzzi needed cleaning the first night we stayed. 2. Two days of the three days we were there we only had one towel to use for three people. This happened because they were booked solid with girls basketball teams and couldn't keep up with the laundry. 3. The first two nights, someone paced back and forth across the room above us 7 steps each way all night. Until we were able to generate enough white noise to drown it out, it was difficult to sleep. 4. Last night we stayed, we were woken at 6 am by a false fire alarm. Apparently something burned in the kitchen of the restaurant. It would have been nice if there was some kind of public address system they could use to tell everyone it was a false alarm so we didn't have to go outside. We still enjoyed our stay and found it a very convenient location. The restaurant staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2006

The staff were very friendly and helpful at check in. The rooms were clean and furnished in typical Marriott Courtyard fashion. The restaurant seemed a little pricey and we only observed one couple dining. If you walk a couple of blocks up the street there is a Chevys and a Spagetti Factory but be warned that if you do not go very early, like 5PM, you risk a long, long wait especially on weekends. We paid $35 a night on Priceline

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank Brown-2004
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2006

This is a pretty good hotel. Most of the Courtyard Hotels are starting to show their age. This Courtyard Hotel looks reasonably new.

The women staffing the front desk are excellent! Very friendly and very helpful when needed.

The I-205 is very jam packed at this location during rush hour. If you need to be downtown by 8 am, pick a hotel closer to downtown.

The hotel is quiet. Good assortment of TV channels from which to choose. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Overall, you are going to like this hotel!

Stayed February 2006
2 Thank Ultimatetravelking
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2006

when i checked in they were all so kind,helpful and excited that i was there. I asked questions about all kinds of things and they helped me by showing and maping out and even suggesting things!I would stay here again and again!The rooms were beautiful and the staff even more so!

Stayed February 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#6 of 8 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel

Been to Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas? Share your experiences!