“Very friendly, helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This property is not a normal Hampton Inn. The rooms are smaller but they are clean, appointed similarly to other Hampton Inns and the staff more than make up for what the property lacks. They know the area well, are very helpful and professional. They are great tour guides for the entire northern portion of the state as well as their city. We felt safe, comfortable and welcome. The breakfast did offer "hot" items and good protein choices. It was a step above many of the free breakfasts offered by other motels.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SallyHeartland

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel is fine for business travel for the cost. It is not where I would be "hanging" out with my family for a vacation stay.It is half the price($100) of the hotels located at the the Portland airpport$200) and city area. Only took 15 minutes to get there with very easy location directions off the highway. It has a very small front desk area but the service people there was wonderful. The rooms were a bit outdated and my furnace made a very loud noise the entire night. I just think it is fine for a quick in and out business trip for the price, but needs some updating in the hotel room areas.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

For business or family not traveling with kids and will only spend time in room for sleeping without regard to cost, this hotel is just fine for that. Recently staying in room 118 that has double beds, there is about 3 feet of space between you and the window. Enough room to walk around the beds, bathroom is tight. No fridge or microwave in room if expecting one. Closet is in fact a wardrobe, piece of furniture. For the rate that was charged for a no frills room (90 a night), I feel it is over priced. This borders the freeway that makes for very easy access to many areas of the Portland area, but there is noise because of a freeway. This didn't bother me outside as I don't normally spend much time outside of a hotel, didn't hear the noise that much in the room. I traveled with the service dog and I had no issues from the staff at all. They honored my request of a ground floor, easy access to relieve the dog outside. Finding a garbage can to clean up after the dog was tricky. I volunteer at a local service dog training facility and the access of the hotel to the 212 HWY was very nice and prime reason for choosing the location. The breakfast was two steps up from cold cereal and packaged pastries. There was sausage and western omelets one morning, scrabbled eggs another. But can't be called a full service restaurant breakfast. The staff was very polite. AC didn't work so well, in fact it quit in the middle of the night. Internet connection is ok, but they could probably do with another signal for better connection. Overall, the stay was fine. The pillows and bedding were clean, the bed was actually more comfortable than the Rodeway Inn at Baker City I had stayed at previously.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Nice hotel. It is situated next to the freeway. Ask for a room at the back of the Hotel if this bothers you. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They even loaned me some tools so I could fix a broken belt buckle. I had to leave before 6 AM and the staff packed breakfast to go for me!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is one of the noisiest Hampton's I have stayed at. The road noise was intolerable, I didn't sleep at all. Knowing where this is located, I am not sure why better windows haven't been installed. These are original windows, there is even dry rot at the base. Some sound proofing is absolutely needed. Also, there was a horrible smell downstairs the afternoon when we checked in, something like sewer gas. There wasn't anyone around to ask what is was. Luckily this went away by morning. There is an awful smell on the fourth floor. It is a mix of cigarette smoke and bad perfume. I am assuming that at one time this floor allowed smoking and Hampton is trying to cover it up. There was some sort of air freshener inside the air conditioner by the fourth floor elevator, whatever it was spewing out of the air-conditioning by the elevator left an oily residue on my skin. Once I got home I had to take a shower to get it off.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'd like to apologize for the noise issues that you encountered during your stay with us. When you come to a hotel you're expecting to get a great night's sleep and unfortunately we were not able to provide you with that. Again, I thank you for your review and we'll be sure to keep your comments in mind as we make future improvements to our hotel. I'd love to have you back to give our hotel a second chance.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have stayed at the Clackamas Hampton Inn on many occasions. Since my niece moved out to Oregon, we have found this to be the most convenient location, with the most value for our money. The staff is always very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. This hotel has everything we want: comfortable room, complimentary wifi and hot breakfast, fitness center, easy access to highways, and friendly staff. All for a very reasonable rate. Complimentary hot breakfast is something we do not expect in hotels in the US. It has egg omelet, bacon, potato, yogurt, fruits, oatmeal, pastries, muffins, etc. The dining area can also be used anytime of the day. The fitness center opens at 5 am, which is good. The flat panel TV in the room is HD. The only reason I do not give the hotel a 5 star is because it is not near downtown Portland, but it is much less expensive and an easy commute (16 miles or 20 min. without traffic).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

Been to Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas? Share your experiences!