“We are quite picky and we love it here.”

LA Costita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 84 Restaurants in Clackamas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“We are quite picky and we love it here.”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We eat here often and love the food. Like all places some ok servers and some great servers. I am not sure about the bad reviews. I am quite picky.

Surprise, Arizona
“Decent food service a little slow”
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner my husband got the combo plate with 3 items. It was a pretty good deal and the food was really tasty. I got the pollo asado which seemed a little pricey for what it was.
The service was slow, we had to ask another server to send our waitress to take our order. They might have been short staffed. I will go back and give them another try cause the food was tasty.

Portland, Oregon
“Really wanted to like this place!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Found in a strip mall flanked by an Albertson's and equally crappy Chinese Restaurant. Happy Valley is a "DEAD ZONE" for most quality food and it's a shame. I "LOVE" Mexican food and really hoped for this place to be at least DECENT. This place is the perfect definition of the words "Waste of time and space." I've been here twice: Once, because I hoped it was good. Second time cause I couldn't believe it was really as bad as the first. Lets start with the only semi-positive comment - It's kind of cute place and has nice themed decor. The food? Expensive! Horrible! Cheap, cheap, cheap! Tasteless! Salads are made with shredded bagged lettuce. Sauces tasted tinny and cheap, probably from a can. Even the basics (Taco, Enchilada and the sort) are poorly done. I had Chili Verde. OMG! One could stay home, overcook some unseasoned pork in a frying pan and pour cheap Salsa verde over the mess and you probably create a better dish. Yes, it's that bad. Margaritas are way over priced and are completely boring with the exception of the aftertaste of the cheap Tequila that they must use which leaves the taste of burnt plastic in your mouth.

Visited October 2012
Damascus, Oregon
“favorite Mexican in town”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

you know you eat here a lot when the staff remembers you. My wife swears by the fajitas and I always mix it up and always enjoy what I get. salsa is the best. coupons can always be found in local papers/magazines.

Visited August 2012
Happy Valley
“Better off at Taco Bell!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

It is such a disappointment when a menu details something that sounds terrific and you're served a plate that looks like it was someone's leftovers. This was our second time trying La Costita and only returned because the manager comped us a free meal because our first experience was such a disaster--we put in a to-go order and literally every item we received was incorrect! This time around, we received a correct order, but sadly it tasted about as fresh as something pulled out of a garbage. Everything was cold, the fajitas has zero flavor, my daughter's taco was a soggy shell filled with one huge slice of tomato and a little shredded chicken. If you're going to put something in a menu at least try to deliver what you wrote! Safe to say, we're saying adios to La Costita!

• Visited July 2012