“Great Little Place ”

Ranked #31 of 87 Restaurants in Clackamas
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We have eaten here twice.. both when friends from out of town have visited and have had great breakfasts both times. I was reluctant to try Carver Cafe due to all the negative reviews but had delicious breakfasts in which every one was happy with their fare. Our table's orders were diverse... roast beef hash with biscuits, I had an omlette, someone ordered pancakes.. all good. I've been disappointed by Carver Hangar (ug) and Stone Cliff in (pretentious ug) but we had good food and service both times here. We did go fairly early though.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

My wife wanted to visit this diner because of it's association with the Twilight movie. So we had high hopes. When we arrived we were pleased with its appearance (traditional). The service and food was great. I can personally recommend the omelette's for breakfast.While it did appear in the Twilight movie, there is not much to let you know this detail.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

I had heard a lot about this place, but I was disappointed in my experience. Hopefully, it was an isolated incident. I went in to have breakfast on a week day morning. The woman at the counter was not very welcoming. I asked for decaf coffee and she made it clear she would have to make it. I am sure she would have made it had I asked, but she difinitely gave me the impression she didn't want to. The food was good, but the service, not so much. Also, after they served me my breakfast (I was sitting at the counter), one of the women went out back to smoke and left the back door open so the cigarette smoke was wafting in during my breakfast. My guess is the staff are friendly with the regulars, but I didn't not feel welcome. I would not go back.

2  Thank TKMK360
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

A nice little out of the way mom & pop type eatery. Friendly staff, warm atmosphere with nice portions with what everyone ordered. Nice finding a surprise cafe for Saturday breakfast as we explored the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I have lunch there every Friday. It's the best food with the best folks this side of the Great Divide.
And... They're famous.
Wow! This is make'n me hungry! Think I'll head for the Carver Cafe right now!