“Fresh Thai food, made to order”
Review of Original Thai BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Original Thai BBQ
Ranked #46 of 85 Restaurants in Clackamas
Cuisines: Thai
Renton, Washington
“Fresh Thai food, made to order”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Thai BBQ is in a strip mall on the north side of Sunnyside Road, just east of I-205. It's not all BBQ dishes! We didn't visit for quite a while, thinking the menu was limited. They have a full roster of Thai food and the pad thai is not to be missed. We also really like the pineapple fried rice and the won ton soup. The decor is simple but attractive, the service is good and timely and the prices are reasonable. They cater to dietary needs, and add/subtract ingredients as you request - everything we've eaten is cooked fresh. They also do takeout. If you like Asian food, give it a try. Currently (May 2012) most of the storefronts in their section of the mall are empty, but don't let that discourage you. This is a little local gem that is worth your time. Don't need reservations.

• Visited May 2012

Vancouver, Washington
“My go-to Thai place in Portland.”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I predict you will go once and be hooked. This place is actually called, "Thai BBQ". I guess it was formerly "Thai House". It has the same recipes as Thai BBQs found in some other states (CA, NV). Don't worry, it is not a chain. It is my very favorite Thai food around. The Shrimp Pad Thai is not to be missed. Also, the Tiger Beef is out of this world, though the portion is small. I am also a fan of the Kai Yang Chicken dinner with sweet chili sauce. I like that most recipes are prepared in a way that you determine the spiciness (with condiments) after they bring the food out. You can accommodate everyone in your party by not having to choose how spicy you want it at the time of placing the order. Not true on all dishes, but on most.

I go here often with any excuse I can find. Don't miss it.

• Visited February 2012