“Good Thai Food in Happy Valley area”
Review of Original Thai BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Original Thai BBQ
Ranked #24 of 85 Restaurants in Clackamas
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We've been two weeks in the US and missing our normal diet of Thai food. This restaurant was around the corner of our hotel, so we tried it. We were not disappointed. Obviously it is a well liked restaurant as it was quite busy and stayed that way during the lunch hour. Nice presentation of the food, friendly service, noticed the care with which they cleaned up after customers left and best yet, Thai food made by real Thai people, portion sizes are generous. The menu is not quite complete by our Thai standards, however, the most popular Thai dishes are available and most American aficionados of Thai food would not be disappointed. There are even a few menu items for the one tag-along friend that doesn't care Thai food.

To top it off, one of the best ways to finish off a meal is available here (in season) - Sticky Rice and Mango!!!

The location is a upscale strip mall just off I-205, convenient access with plenty of parking available. Take out is available.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We have been wanting to try this place since we moved to Clackamas. Ordered takeout and we were both satisfied with our food. There was nothing special about the meal, pretty much your basic Mom and Pop slightly Americanized Thai Restaurant. Some other reviews commented about the portion size being small. We found the dinner entrees to be comparable in size and price to similar restaurants around Portland. Again, nothing special here but far and away the best Thai option in the area.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The best peanut sauce ever! Very clean and relaxing atmosphere. Staff are very accommodating. I don't like spicy food and they explained I should order "no spice" and I'll be happy vs. less spice.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Thai BBQ is in a strip mall on the north side of Sunnyside Road, just east of I-205. It's not all BBQ dishes! We didn't visit for quite a while, thinking the menu was limited. They have a full roster of Thai food and the pad thai is not to be missed. We also really like the pineapple fried rice and the won ton soup. The decor is simple but attractive, the service is good and timely and the prices are reasonable. They cater to dietary needs, and add/subtract ingredients as you request - everything we've eaten is cooked fresh. They also do takeout. If you like Asian food, give it a try. Currently (May 2012) most of the storefronts in their section of the mall are empty, but don't let that discourage you. This is a little local gem that is worth your time. Don't need reservations.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I predict you will go once and be hooked. This place is actually called, "Thai BBQ". I guess it was formerly "Thai House". It has the same recipes as Thai BBQs found in some other states (CA, NV). Don't worry, it is not a chain. It is my very favorite Thai food around. The Shrimp Pad Thai is not to be missed. Also, the Tiger Beef is out of this world, though the portion is small. I am also a fan of the Kai Yang Chicken dinner with sweet chili sauce. I like that most recipes are prepared in a way that you determine the spiciness (with condiments) after they bring the food out. You can accommodate everyone in your party by not having to choose how spicy you want it at the time of placing the order. Not true on all dishes, but on most.

I go here often with any excuse I can find. Don't miss it.