“What a find!!”

Clackamas Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had to stay on the east side of Portland due to a very hectic work schedule, and chose to stay for two nights at the Clackamas Inn and Suites.
I checked in late, but the staff were very pleasant and attentive and got me in quickly. I went up to my room (big bonus- no rooms on the ground floor!!) and was completely blown away by the beautiful remodel they have done. This seriously looks like a very upscale place, you would not expect this from a motel. Kudos!!
The room was very clean, with top of the line bathroom amenities, new carpet and a brand new king size bed. The manager told me in the morning that all of their king rooms have the brand new mattresses. I slept better there than in my own bed, not something I can say often!
Breakfast in the morning was a plus: I enjoyed a yogurt, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bagels and cereal- good start to my morning.
I would recommend this place in a heartbeat, you will get a good nights sleep and pay a very reasonable rate!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a nice, sweet Inn, right off the freeway.
The staff guy at the front desk was really kind, and he let me store my bike there one night when it had broken down on the nearby freeway.
This was highly appreciated!
Pay it forward.
I would do business with nice people like this for sure!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I get to stay here every time I am scheduled to work in Portland. Once a month for at least 2 nights. At first I was not too happy about the smoke smells in the lobby (the reason I didn't specify "cigarette" is because there were other "smoke "smells as well, the sativa type). The first time I spent the night there I was in a room that really smelled bad and mentioned that to the reception person at check out. When I had returned home I had to wash and sanitize all my clothes and gear just to get the lingering odors out. My stays after that time were better as I got put in cleaner rooms, but again I'm there to work not to vacation. Bed is comfortable, bathroom is clean, there's even soups in the evening in the lobby. Lots of food venues around. All in all, It's a convenient hotel stay for a working person to rest at night comfortably. Do not expect a Best Western or a Holliday Inn quality, and don't bring your children.

Room Tip: ask to check the room before moving in, smell wise, if smoke smells bother you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Good bed, pleasant staff, nice breakfast with waffles and fresh pastries, fruit, etc. Very clean. It had a feel that the people who run this hotel really care about their customers. The only negative is that it is close to two highways for noise. We ran our fan on the air conditioner all night to mask the highway traffic noise and it was fine.

Room Tip: If possible get a room on the back furthest south to keep away from the highways.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

This property has clearly moved beyond the status complained about in reviews dated 2007-2011. The Rooms have been updated and although the lobby/breakfast room is small and dated, this motel in well- priced and a good value compared to others in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Anytime we come to Portland, this will be our go-to hotel. We loved the price, loved how friendly the front desk was, loved how they were willing to work with us and treat us like human beings. We brought our dog, and we didn't feel "lesser" than or get treated poorly, but I've found traveling with our dog in Oregon is a lot more enjoyable than most states. We booked for a week, but my husband's grandmother passed away, and we had to leave early - they refunded our 2 days no problem. We never tested out the breakfast, because we tend to sleep in late. Cheap and secure guest laundry. Parking lot is difficult if you're coming from the wrong direction, but don't let that stop you. It's easy to turn around. Not a ton of eating or shopping around the intersection, but there's a Fred Meyer's we walked to a few times for food and such. The sugar-free bakery nearby has awesome marionberry pie. The room was comfortable and pretty large compared to a lot of hotels. Not the nicest room I've ever stayed in, but we really enjoyed it and felt very much at home. Loved having the microwave and mini-fridge. Great for driving anywhere in Portland while being away from some of the craziness. I highly recommend this hotel, and we appreciate the staff for making our stay so great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently. Room was adequately clean as long as you didn't look too close. If you did, you would see unidentifiable spots on the ceilings and walls and stains on the mattresses. Linens and towels were clean, bathroom was spotless, staff was friendly, and breakfast was good. The parking lot is a little difficult to get into, but didn't have a problem finding a parking spot once I did. Fred Meyer is right across the street and a few restaurants in walking distance. Overall I think it was comfortable and reasonably priced. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

Been to Clackamas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!