“Road Trip”

Clackamas Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
“Road Trip”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

There was some certain drawbacks to this hotel, like the adult movie store behind it and the fact that there is a sign on the door that says to make sure to use both the dead bolt and the security lock when in the room, made me a bit nervous as I was traveling by myself with my children. But besides those two things the hotel was wonderful. We got there late and they were extremely accommodating and friendly. They upgraded our room for free since it was the only one left. There was a wonderful jacuzzi tub, and the continental breakfast lasted until 10:30 which was very convenient. It has a very cute location and very convenient to Portland. The rooms are very modern looking and spacious, and very clean. It was a great place and everyone was very friendly. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Price, Utah
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This wasn't the first time I have stayed at this hotel, but the experience was the same. A large, clean room, with everything I needed including WiFi. If I had to find anything wrong, I can think of only one thing. The tub drain was a little slow so I mentioned this to the hotel manager when checking out. He told me that he would have someone fix it that day. This hotel is located on a major freeway, so access to Portland is easy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The motel was clean, the room was nice, well laid out, the employees were nice and the price was reasonable. I'm never looking for ultra fancy, but prize the items in the first sentence. It's on my list of places I will use in the future. :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ChuckBerlemann
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had to stay on the east side of Portland due to a very hectic work schedule, and chose to stay for two nights at the Clackamas Inn and Suites.
I checked in late, but the staff were very pleasant and attentive and got me in quickly. I went up to my room (big bonus- no rooms on the ground floor!!) and was completely blown away by the beautiful remodel they have done. This seriously looks like a very upscale place, you would not expect this from a motel. Kudos!!
The room was very clean, with top of the line bathroom amenities, new carpet and a brand new king size bed. The manager told me in the morning that all of their king rooms have the brand new mattresses. I slept better there than in my own bed, not something I can say often!
Breakfast in the morning was a plus: I enjoyed a yogurt, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bagels and cereal- good start to my morning.
I would recommend this place in a heartbeat, you will get a good nights sleep and pay a very reasonable rate!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kalyani, India
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a nice, sweet Inn, right off the freeway.
The staff guy at the front desk was really kind, and he let me store my bike there one night when it had broken down on the nearby freeway.
This was highly appreciated!
Pay it forward.
I would do business with nice people like this for sure!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I get to stay here every time I am scheduled to work in Portland. Once a month for at least 2 nights. At first I was not too happy about the smoke smells in the lobby (the reason I didn't specify "cigarette" is because there were other "smoke "smells as well, the sativa type). The first time I spent the night there I was in a room that really smelled bad and mentioned that to the reception person at check out. When I had returned home I had to wash and sanitize all my clothes and gear just to get the lingering odors out. My stays after that time were better as I got put in cleaner rooms, but again I'm there to work not to vacation. Bed is comfortable, bathroom is clean, there's even soups in the evening in the lobby. Lots of food venues around. All in all, It's a convenient hotel stay for a working person to rest at night comfortably. Do not expect a Best Western or a Holliday Inn quality, and don't bring your children.

Room Tip: ask to check the room before moving in, smell wise, if smoke smells bother you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jimmy C
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Good bed, pleasant staff, nice breakfast with waffles and fresh pastries, fruit, etc. Very clean. It had a feel that the people who run this hotel really care about their customers. The only negative is that it is close to two highways for noise. We ran our fan on the air conditioner all night to mask the highway traffic noise and it was fine.

Room Tip: If possible get a room on the back furthest south to keep away from the highways.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Clackamas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!