“YUCK!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clackamas
Southern Oregon
“YUCK!”
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We found the front desk help to be friendly and courteous and the lobby was nice and clean. There were strange people just sitting around outside smoking and staring at us though, and that gave me the creeps. Then we saw the room, it was disgusting. There was stuff smeared on the carpet and walls. The shower was moldy and there was hair on the tile, like they didn't even sweep. My kids' socks, which were white when we got there, were black when we left from the grime on the carpet and floors. I will never stay here again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank the6Browns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
sedona, az
Reviewed 14 August 2007

Why terrible?
The desk agent would not smile at all. Not even when we asked about her kids whose pictures were posted on the wall. Very solemn, as if it was her first day and she was very stressed out, or was on some type of amphetamine.

After I paid with my American Express Card and moved into the room, with all my luggage, she called and said I would have to pay cash or move out of the room right away. This leads credence to the theory about her being on drugs. I had already paid through American Express. I called the card company immediately and they called the hotel and assured them my payment was made and I was who I said I was. I was shaken up and didn't sleep as well as I would have. The desk agent never called me back, to say it was ok and apologize. Nor did they offer any compensation in return for my trauma. The woman at the desk in the morning was not sympathetic, and assured me they didn't hire people who were on drugs. So, they just act like they are on drugs.

Other than this, the hotel was made over cheaply to eliminate cigarette smell (which is still very evident in the elevator), and the rooms are spacious. The usual amenties are there. The coffee maker was too dirty to use, so I waited for coffee.

I would never enter this hotel again, and would not trust them with payment as for some reason they like to be paid twice.

The Hampton is nearby. But it was full this night, so make sure to reserve early.

• Liked — Internet access
  • Disliked — unfriendly, even mean staff.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ommeher
oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2007

This hotel is a nightmare. I would strongly reccommend you find another place to stay. This is what I booked a month in advance. Non smoking, two beds. It ended up to be a stinky smoking room with one bed and a loveseat. The smell was so bad it was making my family sick. There was a pitbull walking around without a leash unsupervised. I went to the front desk to see if maybe they gave me the wrong room. Nope! They just screwed up. I moved hotels immediately along with three other families in our group. Never again will I consider staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed July 2007
1 Thank herbaldenise1
Seattle
Reviewed 2 July 2007

We recently booked this hotel without reading the reviews-my mistake! We had requested early check-in 1:30 in order to get ready for a wedding. They post a check-in on their website as 2pm. Our room was not ready until 3pm. We found the stench of cigarettes & cleaning materials to be unbearable. The room was not clean, including the bedding (yuk). The front desk was rude to say the least. We requested an extra blanket, which eventually we obtained after waiting until 10:30pm (requested at 6pm). Our room did not have cable tv as advertised, we were told it was because we had a bad remote which could not be replaced until the next day when the manager would be there. The pool was not clean and contained bugs, fungus spores and numerous cigarette butts around it. A large crowd was allowed to barbeque in the pool/parking lot until 11:30pm, drinking alcohol with trash & many broken bottles left behind. The noise from other rude guests went on until 3am with water ballons & loud music. The front desk person would not leave her post to attempt to resolve. You had better arrive early if you want their free breakfast of a few stale donuts and terrible coffee. This hotel is located next to a adult video store and street transients camp across the street in a vacant lot. This is to say the least - not a "family friendly" hotel as they advertise.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lack of managment
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank HN-Seattle
Seaside
Reviewed 25 November 2006

We booked this room for Thanksgiving Day so we didn't have to drive home to Seaside after our family dinner in Gladstone. They let us check in a half hour early, which was nice. We reserved a pet friendly room. While we were checking in we found out that the only place to walk our dog was across tthe street (82nd Avenue) to a grassy spot along highway 212. It was pouring rain. We went up the stairs to our room to deposit our bags. At that time a dog in the adjacent room was howling and crying. We decided to take our small dog with us to the family dinner. We got back to our room that evening. The room was very noisy with traffic noises and noises from other rooms. We finally got to sleep at 11 or so inspite of the partying going on in the room next to us. Both of us were scratching and were very itchy in the bed. At midnight the clock radio went off, very loudly and woke us up. We did not set it. We heard every flush, cough and conversation from the rooms on all sides of us. At 4 AM the folks next door got up and had very loud conversations. They then left and their dog began howling again for the next hour. We called the front desk but they could not stop the dog. We packed at 6 and got out of there. The desk creditied our bill 20 dollars but it was the worst hotel experience we have had. I still have bug bites on my neck and shoulders. YUCK! We will not stay there ever again.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
8 Thank suzeiki
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 July 2006

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here. From the outside, the Clackamas Inn looks really nice. The lobby, especially, was very inviting. We had high hopes. After leaving the first floor to head up to the room the stench of the carpeted staircase was enough to send us away, but we kept going. Upon entering the room we were hit with the stench of a thousand stale cigarettes. The smell was awe-inspiring. There were holes in the bathroom wall, which was also where the phone was 'conveniently' located--disgusting. To get away from the room we decided to check out the pool. We tried to unlock the gate to the pool, but our keycard didn't work (Niether did the mom and daughter's who came ten minutes after). Scaling the wall was easier than it looked. To make a long story short, the pool was less than adequately cleaned. There was no smell of chlorine to be found with a type of fungal/bacterial growth accumulating between the tiles of the pool. We decided to just go out to get away from the room. We caught a movie, ate some dinner and returned. As we climbed into bed another wave of stale cigarette stench assaulted our senses. The smell of the comforter was too much to bear. I called a friend at 2am who lived an hour away and drove to his place. A floor and some blankets were exponentially better than the entire Clackamas Inn experience.

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Sunnyside Inn and Suites
Sunnyside Inn and Suites
#7 of 8 in Clackamas

Been to Clackamas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!