“Was closed went to The Dory in Cloverdale, OR” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Milton
“Was closed went to The Dory in Cloverdale, OR”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

we read your reviews and headed out to Coverdale Oregon to see the area 10 years after last trip.
OMG Cloverdale's Garden Cafe was CLOSE!! The Dory was OPEN!! so we went in for Brunch.
Well we ordered 2 breakfasts and a salad. First thing we were told was "It's after 11 and we ran out of gravy..." ok so we got breakfasts and salad. They were so nice to put a bright orange, red and green bell peppers on the salad to "..brighten it up.." after I asked for not tomatoes as I did not want to just throw them out (I do not like them cold). Too bad I got peppers I can not eat them!
So I tried to save what I could as they still would be throwing it out!? Maybe I should have ask for it to be remade ( I have Never heard of a Chief salad with peppers), but still throwing out food is still bad for my or them!

They are up for sale and there is a cut off telephone pole that still goes through the awning at the entry area.

Made me feel so sad form this area and the people! I hope to hear that the Cloverdale's Garden Cafe IS still open???? as the Dory is not doing so well and is up for sale.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sharron S

Franklin, North Carolina
“Small town cafe and Charlie the dog greets you at the door when he's not sleeping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were on our way to Tillamook and saw this tiny café. When we went in Charlie was sound asleep on the floor. You have to go around or walk over him. The café serves a great breakfast and make sure you have a sticky bun, they are wonderful. The owner does everything, he takes your order, cooks and serves it and is the cashier. It was so good that on the way out of town the next day we stopped for another couple sticky buns. Charlie was awake so got to visit with him.

• Visited July 2014
astoria
“Excellent. A must. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Extremely accommodating and good food. It's nice to find a place that's friendly, healthy food and varied menu. Yep Charlie certainly thinks of the days when he could run and jump and had his nose in a new adventure. .. you can see he's got great memories.

1 Thank sam d
Lincoln City, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food dog friendly and old dog Charley greets you at the door”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Five of us had breakfast pancakes eggs good coffee . Great biscuits and gravy. Cool atmosphere great service Owner runs the whole Restaurant. Cloverdale Oregon. Cloverdale is halfway to between Tillamook and Pacific City. Give it a try if you like small town friendliness and service.

• Visited June 2014