“Off the beaten path”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cloverdale
Sandlake Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Cloverdale B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

Very nice secluded B&B with an excellent breakfast and a beach just a short drive down the road. If you would prefer a private breakfast and lots of privacy this is your place. The Beach is a mile or so down the road and we had it completely to ourselves. There is a portion of the beach allocated for off road vehicle use; however they never were a problem.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Sandlake Country Inn during our recent Oregon trip. Being someone who has had a bad experience at another B & B I was not optimistic of the outcome. My wife convinced me that this would be different. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the way Diane and Ron ran this beautiful home. We loved the home cooked elaborate breakfasts that were brought to our room each day and the hospitality was exceptional. Diane knows everything about the area and has recommendations for dining and sightseeing as well as detailed directions. Our experience was beyond any expectations we had and if we're in the area again I'm sure the Sandlake Country Inn will be one of our stops. Thanks so much Ron and Diane, Bob M. Tucson

1 Thank GolfAzTucson_Arizona
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Words cannot describe our satisfaction with the Sandlake Country Inn, but I will do my best. Upon our arrival, we were thrilled with the quaint, old fashioned feel of the home, it reminded us of Granny. The subtle classical music which was quietly playing in the background in the common room was relaxing, and yet once inside our own room, The Rose Room, there was complete and utter silence. After spending the day surrounded by people and noise and traffic, it was a welcome retreat. The room was decorating beautifully with period decor mixed with some more modern pieces. The king sized bed was soooooooooo comfy, fitted with crisp cotton sheets. Even though every room in the house was occupied, we did not hear a sound from anyone during our entire 3 day stay. My favorite part was how our coffee and breakfast miraculously appeared every morning outside our door, heralded by a quick tapping on the door and the sound of footsteps rushing away. The four course breakfasts were simply amazing, delicious and different each day, keeping us satisfied well into the afternoon. We spent 7 days on the Oregon Coast and no other place that we stayed could compare to this one. A huge Thank you to our hosts, Ron and Diane.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

My partner and I just finished a four day stay in the cottage at the Sandlake Country Inn. I've stayed at a number of beautiful and service-oriented places along the Oregon Coast but never wanted to write a review until now, because our experience was so very satisfying. The Inn is literally in the country, just a few miles from a variety of coastal landscapes including pristine Sand Lake Estuary, the Cape Lookout temperate rain forest and the booming wave cave and sea arch of gorgeous Cape Kiwanda.

What I liked best was that, upon our request, we were left to our own devices for these four days. Each morning a coffee/juice service appeared outside our front door followed an hour later by a basket containing a four-course breakfast. (Read the other reviews to get descriptions of the great breakfast foods Diane prepares.)

Finally I want to mention the creekside porch off the bedroom. This is where the sun streamed in each morning to wake us up, where the birds chattered all day, and where we gorged ourselves on the great breakfasts before taking off to explore some other great place along the coast nearby.

I'm writing this review as I sit in a hotel room at Cannon Beach. We like Cannon Beach, too. But if you are a nature lover and don't want to drive hours from Cannon Beach to get to anything different to explore, the Sandlake Country Inn is your best bet, by a long shot!

1 Thank DougZski
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here June 27-30 for our honeymoon and were extremely satisfied with the it. When we pulled up to the B&B we were instantly greeted and welcomed into what we now call our second home. We were told about the history of the B&B and even asked questions about us which made us feel apart of the family. The breakfasts were absolutely amazing! so much so that we brought home a cook book and have made quite a few recipes. This place is to good for words. A bit of country and beach all in one. I could go on and on but the best word is phenomenal. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

First off I want to say this is the best B&B experience my Girlfriend and I have ever had. Unfortunently Ron and Diane were not avilable and they had Inn Keepers watching the Inn, from what I hear Ron and D are great people. However the Inn Keepers were very knowledgable, politie, and sincere. We were greated and treated like royalty. We stayed in the upstairs suite and the rustic appearance combined with the modern amenities is a winning combination.

I highly recommend that people who are interested in staying at a B&B, stay at this one. However, if its your first time at a B&B you might want to think twice, I would hate for you to never try another one :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Biggyniner
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

We received a wonderful gift certificate for the Sandlake Country Inn from our children for our anniversary. We have stayed at several places in the Pacific City area, and this charming B&B has it all. From the moment we drove up and were greeted warmly by the innkeepers, Diane and Ron, we were so delighted. We stayed in the Cottage for 3 nights and it was everything we could hope for. Having coffee in the morning sitting on our deck overlooking the creek while enjoying the birds was so relaxing! Oh, and the breakfasts they delivered!! Amazing! There is the biggest jacuzzi tub I've ever seen which we soaked in for what seemed like hours. It was as if time stood still.

Pacific City is just a few minutes away and we enjoyed re-.exploring the area. The 3 capes loop was beautiful and fortunately, the weather was good so we could enjoy hiking the Cape Lookout trail. We even saw a whale!!

Somehow, Diane & Ron have found the perfect combination of wonderful service and attention to detail yet they are totally unobtrusive. We can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Inn At Cape Kiwanda
Shorepine Vacation Rentals
Shorepine Vacation Rentals
#2 of 4 in Pacific City
Pacific City RV & Camping Resort

Been to Sandlake Country Inn? Share your experiences!